The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 36 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
Role Title: Regional Head Education & BA Operations
Designation: SM1 – Team Manager role (2 direct reportees)
Location: Gurgaon (RSO)
The Regional Head Education & BA Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing, designing & delivering education & training for our Beauty Advisors, Makeup Artists, Sales Workforce ( Internal & External), conducting skills gap analysis, preparing learning material, and evaluating results after each training session. For this role, you will work closely with our Country Education & Operations head and Regional sales head and internal stakeholders to identify challenges they face on-the-job and recommend ways to increase productivity & overall performance by ensuring they have the right skills to achieve business goals. Conduct trainings on various genres such as Make up & Skin Training, Artistry Training, sales skills, strategic selling, product & process knowledge, tech and digital skills, value creation and beauty as a domain
This role also requires you to be affluent in business and people Operations. The candidate will have to be process-oriented and have a good understanding of business processes, operations, and workflows, and creating SOPs to streamline and manage regional BA Operations.
The regional head is expected to have a passion for learning and growth. The candidate should be a communicator and facilitator with outstanding interpersonal and time management skills. Passionate for continuous learning, deep knowledge of training, learning and the training domain as a whole.
This position will require to develop & monitor 2 direct onroll reportees (Manager Cadre) and a whole 3rd party front line workforce. Also the position will require travel within the assigned region.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
Education & Training:
- Successfully develop training material including presentations, videos, sales scripts, case studies & deliver education & training programs for beauty advisors, Make-up Artists, sales workforce and enablement programs to ensure internal sales is equipped with content, resources, and tools to effectively help our sales workforce achieve business goals. Enhance training effectiveness through new instructional delivery strategies and presentation skills.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach Beauty Advisors, Makeup Artists & Sales workforce on regular basis. Lead all Training related activities including product information, competitor analysis, customer service etc and also perform pre-post evaluations of the training participants to analyze effectiveness
- Act as the educational expert to all our Beauty Advisors, Make up Experts, sales workforce, regional training team and provide advice for all on job related challenges. Developing individual coaching plans, providing resources and assistance, scheduling orientation with senior representatives. Maintain a high level of knowledge of industry trends, products, and make up techniques & artistry. Stay abreast of trends and good practices in training, e-learning, personal and professional development.
- Determine training needs by shadowing Team of Trainers & Field force, evaluations and assessments, and conferring with their sales managers to arrive at training needs and goals. Overall management of training programs including tailor-made training and scheduled trainings face-to-face and online, and other emerging service areas
- Be versatile and skilled in delivering online and offline training programs using In-house Learning Management Systems
- Measuring Training Effectiveness:
- Identify competency gaps – product knowledge, process knowledge, functional skills, customer experience for assigned manpower and work towards closing gaps through training
- Conduct role-plays, OJTs, audits and assessments of the assigned manpower including pre-training and post training effectiveness
- Compile and Present Training Reports and tracking Training Effectiveness through Periodic Audits
- Ensure that training coverage is in line with key performance indicators and training need analysis
- Innovative, able to develop new concepts and to deliver creative solutions through Projects with participation in special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Monitor and analyze regional sales performance and develop strategies to improve sales & productivity and adhere to organization & regional goals. Work closely with Operations and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Implement BA Operations strategies for the region, as aligned with company’s overall goals & objectives
- Conducting regional visits to ensure that the field force are providing good customer service & are meeting the education goals & standards.
- Budget Management – Manage regional budget for training & education ensuring that resources are allocated & utilized, effectively & efficiently.
- Salary Management - MIS, Salary Calculation, following all SOPs and protocols, BA Deployment Strategy.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
As a Regional Education Head, team management is a critical aspect of the job.
- Line manage a team of three staff; Sales Training Manager, Beauty Advisor Training Manager, Sales & Training Coordinator.
- Goal-Oriented: Must be focused on achieving team's goals and training targets & plans, and be able to motivate and inspire team members to work together to achieve those goals
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills: Must be able to coach and mentor by providing support and guidance the team needs to develop their skills and reach their full potential. Communicating with the team effectively & giving clear instructions, also an active listener to feedback & concerns. Ability to facilitate open and honest communication among team members.
- Collaboration : Must be able to collaborate effectively with all the required department & stakeholders within organization to ensure that the team’s training program plans align with overall department’s education strategy
- Time Management: One must be able to manage time effectively, including delegating tasks to team members, to ensure that the training programs, project delivery, & tasks assigned are delivered on time & meet quality standards
- Strong Leadership Skills : Should be able to inspire & motivate the team to achieve their goals, identify their training needs delegate tasks & meeting deadlines. They should be able to set a positive example for their team members, foster a collaborative learning environment and help trainees build the skills & confidence they need to succeed.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline (a master's degree would be an added advantage)
- in education and training, preferably in the beauty industry.
- Language Skills: Hindi and English (Proficient).
- Ability to manage full training cycle with virtual classroom-style presentations
- Curriculum development experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience writing compelling, concise content that simplifies complex topics
- Dynamic forward-thinking leader with a passion for training others for excellence
- Ability to self-direct, self-edit, multi-task, prioritize assignments, and manage projects
- Ability to utilize a training methodology to deliver content to a diverse audience
- Hands-on experience with e-learning platforms
- Strong business acumen with exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Good Team player and interpersonal skills
- Listens to others views and consistently shares the knowledge and experience.
- People management, Customer Management, Escalation management and excellent in Objection handling
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.