I.T Industrial Placement
Location: Hammersmith, London or Littlehampton, West Sussex
Duration: 53 weeks
Start date: Monday 26th June 2017
Annual Salary: £16,000- £18,000 per annum
The IT Services team is a critical component of the L’Oréal® and The Body Shop® IT organisation, providing IT project and support services to our business community. These services can be split into five key areas; Projects, Desktop Services (PCs, Laptops, and Printers etc. management), Helpdesk Services, User Administration and Mobile Telephony.
This role is both technical and business/customer facing, so the successful candidate must have an aptitude for great customer service and a good level of technical understanding and computer literacy.
- Liaise with allocated end users for migration prerequisites and upgrade timing planning
- Provide support the Desktop Team in day to day activity
- Owning and driving the resolution of issues
- Complete tasks as assigned by the Desktop Supervisor
- Contribute to the team by sharing knowledge and maintaining documentation where applicable
- Liaise with end users to resolve issues
- Log calls with vendors for maintenance
- Trouble shoot complex desktop issues
- Maintain printers and stock levels of consumables
- Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- An eye for detail and a passion for successful project delivery.
- A good level of technical understanding/computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Highly organised, highly accurate and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced project environment and under pressure
- Strong team player
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be completing a placement as part of your degree
- You must be on track to attaining a 2:1 for your degree
Please note that once you have submitted your application the Graduate Team will be reviewing it at the first available opportunity. However, in some instances you may be waiting a number of weeks to be hearing back from us due to other team constraints.