L'OREAL USA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Title: IT Data & Analytics Project Leader
Location: Montreal, Canada (hybrid model offers the flexibility of two days of work from home each week)
- The L’Oreal Americas IT Data & Analytics team wish to add a Project Manager to lead IT projects for L’Oreal.
- In this role as the Project Manager, you will design and manage implementation of Business Intelligence (BI), data & analytics solutions in the Americas Zone.
- You will collaborate with diverse application, infrastructure, architecture, and integration teams to design appropriate solutions, define project plans, track critical path items, cut through roadblocks and escalate issues.
- Manage project teams leveraging advanced front-end technologies, such as Power BI, for effective business analytics.
- You will provide leadership, knowledge and guidance on technologies employed in the application portfolio, therefore ensuring that high service levels are consistently delivered in compliance with L’Oréal IT standards and methodologies.
- Implement new Data Governance processes and serve as IT Data Steward for assigned data domains.
- Build and develop relationships across the L’Oreal Americas zone.
- This role is part of the Americas Zone IT team within L’Oreal, which includes North and South America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage project activities, including creating project plans, facilitating project team meetings and steering groups, aiding in test script writing and UAT, preparing & delivering status reports, issue tracking and risk mitigation, monitoring of critical path items, and escalation of issues.
- Manage contracts and funding for projects / products".
- Ensure that project / product milestones are met and approved budgets are adhered to.
- Propose and design sustainable standardized solutions across the Zone.
- Understand system technical/functional capabilities, including potential implications of systems changes.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities for assigned projects including internal IT team resources, external partner teams, managed service providers and consultants as required.
- Communicate project status to project managers and senior management, and provide input in the preparation of business cases for project approval.
- Coordinate internal IT team resources, external partner teams, managed service providers and consultants as required.
- Facilitate production issue resolution and communication by supporting teams to minimize impact and accelerate resolution.
- Follow change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Business is preferred; a high school diploma plus equivalent experience is required.
- The optimal candidate will have:
- Over 5 years of Project Management experience plus degree or at least seven years of experience plus diploma
- A solid foundation in Business Intelligence, Enterprise Data Warehouse / Data Lake solutions
- Experience within the FMCG, Retail / Wholesale industry would be beneficial.
- Experience managing projects based on the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack e.g. MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI would be beneficial
- Experience managing projects based on Cloud data platforms (Azure, Google Cloud Platform) would be beneficial
- Experience with SAP data would be beneficial
- Experience leading complex projects in a Global IT organization
- Demonstrable track record of delivering IT projects on time and on budget
- Created and managed data and solution best practices
- Exhibit broad understanding of technology and the business intelligence landscape
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills including the ability to interact with senior levels of management and clearly document new solutions required
- Ability to work independently under little supervision within a demanding client centric environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a high level of initiative
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar certification, and experience with agile project management principles and methodologies would be beneficial
Ability to speak French, Spanish or Portuguese would be beneficial
Ability to come into an office three days a week is required
Some travel could be required outside of CanadaWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.