Assistant Vice President, Sourcing (IT Americas)
IT Sourcing Assistant Vice-President, you will be responsible for maximizing the value Indirect Sourcing brings towards L’Oreal Beauty Tech in line with the Business stakeholder priorities and Indirect Sourcing strategic frame. This value will encompass 1) Cost savings/Gross margin improvement, 2) Sustainability targets under L’Oreal 4 The Future program, 3) New opportunities for topline growth via market innovation.
You will work closely with the IT, CDMO functions and the Global Sourcing team to develop the Sourcing strategies for the categories under your leadership ($160M): Digital IT (Ecommerce D2C/B2B websites, Consumer applications), Business applications, Security, infrastructure, and telecom.
You will lead a team (4), and report directly into the VP North America Sourcing.
You are expected to demonstrate an important level of tech knowledge, the ability to lead complex supplier negotiations with cross functional teams (Legal, Business and IT stakeholders) across multiple countries.
- Develop strong relationships with Senior business leaders / stakeholders including the CIO in the organization and be recognized as a valued partner to influence business decisions.
- Developed IT Digital sourcing strategy for the Zone in partnership with Stakeholders while adapting global O+O vision for the different Americas markets.
- Scout market to bring next level of Digital IT innovation and augment capability of existing tech stack across ecommerce, DDx (consumer data platform) and emarketing.
- Drive the strategic sourcing process, including consolidate spend analysis, needs assessment, developing effective RFx’s including complex cost modeling, supplier bid evaluations, negotiation, and implementation plan.
- Lead a broad range of commercial and business contract negotiations working closely with L’Oreal’s finance, legal, data privacy and IT security teams.
- Manage Category Supplier relationships and monitor Supplier performance in conjunction with the IT Vendor Management Office (VMO).
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to developpe talent
- Influence decisions with senior management
- Team spirit mindset to be successful in our highly collaborative environment
- Project management, negotiation and analytical skills
- Proactively adapt to disruptive change and evolving requirements
- Aptitude for technology and understanding of e-Commerce and Cloud
- Autonomous with a high level of drive and energy
- Technical acumen and awareness of how technology enables business requirements
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
Your Experience / Education:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, tech or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience strategic sourcing and category management
- Procurement/ Sourcing experience with a focus on IT and Digital IT
- In-depth knowledge leading sourcing and/or purchasing of at least two of the following sub-categories (includes pricing analysis, pricing methodologies, contract negotiation, maintenance, and life cycle management):
- CRM Applications;
- Data Security;
- E-Commerce Solutions
- Big Data Solutions;
- Cloud/SaaS Solutions
- AI/ Machine learning