For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
12 Month Intern, Learning for Transformation: Leadership & Culture
Updated August 2019
The Learning for Transformation Team (LFT) at L’Oréal USA aims to develop the capabilities of employees and facilitate change in our ways of working to build a motivated, engaged and high-performing workforce. This role supports all Leadership & Culture trainings within the LFT team. The person in this role will oversee logistics for all programs from large scale events (125+ people) to intimate sessions (10-15 people). This role has high visibility into the L’Oréal business and strategic priorities across our portfolio of 35+ brands.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Program support:
- Maintain all courses and sessions in HR systems (PRISM & Unity)
- Order program catering and manage delivery and setup day-of
- Order, prepare and ship all materials for programs (incl. nametags, sign-in sheets, etc.)
- Liaise with vendors and venues on all program logistics
- Responsible for set-up and breakdown of program venues (participant materials, name tags, sign-in sheets, supplies, products, decor, A/V & IT, catering, etc.)
- Provide quality customer service to all program trainees
- Draft post-program feedback Formetris surveys for review with team and manage communication with participants
- Manage “strike” communications to late cancellations and no-shows for programs
- Support PO management as needed for program budgets
- Track all expenses incurred for program logistics using LFT budget management protocols
- Attend/observe programs as requested
- Team Coordination:
- Maintain all project tasks in Asana (project management tool)
- Manage respective team email inbox and escalate questions to appropriate team members for response
- Maintain inventory of product and office supplies for programs and general team needs
- Provide support during meetings with internal partners, external vendors and international colleagues
- Maintain shared drive files, including team calendar, catalog, and intern guidebook
- Special projects as assigned to build experience
- Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master’s degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, keen eye for attention to detail and proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to problem solve and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills along with the ability to form strong cross-functional relationships
- Must have a team player mindset, actively take initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Be self-motivated and curious and sense of confidentiality
- Ability to manage complexity
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, -PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook for email, calendar, contacts, scheduling and task management required
- Have demonstrated use of analytical skills – both using tools (ex. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
- This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position. This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA, and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.