Work with the Packaging department to assure timely and cost effective launches of products, promotions, and maintenance of basic and other business activities while identifying new and improved methods that will result in value analysis and cost reduction returns.
Candidate must be in Junior or Senior year of undergrad, Second Year Master’s Degree or a recent graduate with a 3.2 GPA and be working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Packaging Engineering or similar discipline.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and possess above average decision making ability
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing, permanent basis.
- Prior Internship or Co-op experience a plus
To engineer quality and cost effective packages while respecting the L’Oréal Conception Process Co-Ops will participate in a variety of projects and support. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day assistance with identifying viable packaging options and alternatives
- Day-to-day support also may include follow-up on specific tasks such as testing and obtaining feedback from cross-functional teams
- Value Analysis projects with a goal of saving money
- New Launches including participation in the new launch process representing technical packaging tasks
- Sustainability initiatives
Key abilities include:
- Problem solving and assisting with the resolution of Operations issues
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time and manage one's time productively
- Ability to simplify complex issues, create new ideas and define new ways to move forward.
- Must be able to make decisions in a timely manner, try new solutions and take risks
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to think 'out of the box' and challenge the current state of affairs to take the business to the next level
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills that allow the team to pioneer sustainable operational improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to be able to interface with all levels of the organization including Senior Management
- Presents confidently with passion and demonstrates the ability to convince others and if needed becomes the single champion of an idea
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency & drive and rapidly adjust priorities where appropriate
- Manages cross-functional projects effectively and builds effective networks
- Takes initiative to improve business performance and goes beyond the scope of a given position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.