Do want to develop the next Face Makeup game-changer to the world’s fastest growing & biggest markets?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of R&I 360 deployment, the Japan Makeup Development Team continuously fuels L’Oreal top brands’ launches by transforming cutting-edge innovations, from upstream Application Domains. We develop products that are best-in-class, hi-performing, relevant & desirable to increasingly sophisticated makeup consumers in Asia & the World. The competition in this market is becoming more dynamic & disruptive & we are up for this challenge.
We are looking for a RESEARCHER in our quest to deliver the next best-in-class & first-in-class Face Makeup products & experiences to our consumers’ increasingly sophisticating beauty needs.
- Launch New & Superior Face Makeup products, develop Liquid Foundation, Cushions, Primers, Concealers, etc. by transforming upstream cutting-edge innovations into successful & timely launches within L’Oreal’s Top Global Brands. Superior products & experiences that are hi-performing not only technically but also as perceived & desired by consumers.
- Courageously Lead as Project Technical Leader, by collaborating with diverse, multifunction teams to ensure consumers’ beauty needs & desires are met with high standards of safety, quality & performance - within challenging cost, sustainability, regulatory, intellectual property & manufacturing requirements.
- Influence business decisions & strategies by co-planning & executing tests / products evaluations, deeply interpreting & effectively communicating its results. Unleash your creativity in spotting surprisingly-obvious insights & connecting-the-dots.
- Safeguard L’Oreal Face Makeup product superiority & leadership via robust competitive landscaping & products evaluations. Be on top of your game by keeping an eye on what’s hot & what’s going to be the next big thing in beauty.
- Co-build a solid organization by proactively contributing to various organizational roles such as EHS, Quality, continuous improvement initiatives & sharing both internal/external learnings into the organization & across hubs.
- Degree in Fields of Science Engineering, solid background in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and related fields with lab & research experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience* in R&D within Cosmetics or related Consumer Goods, formulation + product development experience in some of technologies in emulsions, pigments, surfactant, materials interaction (eg. packaging). *Fresh Graduates with research + lab experience in Cosmetic Formulations are welcome.
- English (with Japanese is a plus) Language Skills, to effectively communicate in a diverse, multinational/multicultural environment based in Japan.
- Sharp Communication & Presentation skills, to effectively deliver accurate message, minimizing ambiguity while being sensitive to tone, context, situation & audience.
- Entrepreneurial – highly motivated, proactive, thinks outside-the-box, challenges status quo, optimistic yet pragmatic, always seeks the best solution/compromise.
- Courageous – has unwavering spirit & integrity to confront challenges, timely + transparently share issues for collective problem-solving, takes educated risks, learns from mistakes, is highly accountable, honest, reliable, self-aware.
- Rationale & Logical – challenges assumptions & creates new insights by generating, gathering & interpreting data, sharing this to the team to bring technical rationale, clarity & logic into unclear situations / crisis. Solves problem by supporting hypotheses & intuitions with data.
- Agile Team Player – collaborates & build healthy relationships within & beyond the obvious circle-of-influence, flexible, quick to adapt in very dynamic work priorities. Taps on others’ strength & shares his own to achieve common goals.
- Passionate for Beauty – very sensitive to consumers, obsessed in developing new + superior products & experiences for them. Open-minded & always determined to succeed in beauty.