KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITES:
- Collaborate with Key Account Managers to draft the plan, budget and trends for promotional activity.
- Manage monthly promotional activity against budget and actual.
- Analyse Return on Investment of promotional activity.
- Review monthly promotional spend with the Business Controller and provide insights to the Sales team on brand performance trends.
- Settlement of customer rebate and promotional activity claims.
- Management of Finance Entries - Credit Note, Sales Cut-off and Settlement discount provision.
- Calculate and prepare COGS cut-off journal.
- Review and tracking of Customer Trading Agreements and processing off-invoice accruals.
- Management of Returns provisions.
- Coordination with Sales and Credit teams on internal and external audit objectives for data integrity and compliance.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Identifies market drivers
- Translates trends and consumer knowledge into meaningful insights
- Delivers excellence with agility and rigor
- Integrates sustainable, business consciousness
- Creates collaboration for bigger success
- Shares & leverages best practices
MANAGING ACCOUNTING NORMS AND INTERNAL CONTROLS
· Exhibits reporting controls & ensures compliance of transactions as it relates to the group accounting & mgt standards including
GAAP/IFRS EFFICIENT USE OF REPORTING & CONSOLIDATION
- Defines and produces financial reporting across all businesses.
- Drives & educates processes to benchmark, reporting and establishes best practices
MAXIMIZE FINANCIAL SYSTEMS
· Leverages knowledge and intuition around systems/data to provide insight into critical issues (SAP, Analyzer, Compass, Magnitude...)
PLAN & ANALYZE BUSINESS PERFORMANCE
- Calculates & interprets financial results.
- Anticipates and identifies opportunities, risks and solutions to close the gap.
- Sets objectives, goals & targets. Recommends changes in a strategic direction.
PROACTIVE BUSINESS PARTNER
- Using the L’Oreal knowledge as well as market & financial expertise to understand, improve & challenge overall effectiveness of the business
- Using the L’Oreal knowledge, and market/financial expertise, to provide strategic recommendations contributing to the overall effectiveness
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant Degree
- 2-4 years working experience
- FMCG – MUST
- Relevant experience in FP&A and marketing controlling
- Good analytical skills, strategic agility
- Strong interpersonal skills & leadership
- Ability to work autonomously and engage cross-functionally
- PEOPLE DEVELOPER