Junior Global Project Manger APAC (CeraVe DMI)
Reports to: Manager, Global Marketing
Active Cosmetics Division
Hudson Yards, NY Divisional Overview:
In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
Responsible for ensuring scientific integrity of CeraVe science across all phases of product development, clinical testing, scientific communication and innovation in order to raise the medical visibility and drive innovation of the CeraVe brand.
The Assistant Manager plays a key role in the CeraVe’s global expansion, product launch and manufacturing strategies. This is an integral position to develop global products and launches, while being part of the manifestation of the brand’s long-term vision.
The Assistant Manager will support the managing DMI Category Lead with global launch and development projects, for existing and new product innovations designed for the medical aesthetic channel. This role will be responsible for strategically managing and executing projects that are focused on product development, product registrations, new manufacturing locations, and expanding the brand in global markets. Day-to-day responsibilities will include interacting with the labs and countries, initiating briefs and working with cross-functional teams to ensure on-time launches. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: performing market and competitive analyses, coordinating reviews of product samples, and preparing presentations for top management meetings.
Manage All Aspects of Global Product Launches & Expansions:
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting the end-to-end process of launching CeraVe products in global markets. With the core responsibility of helping to drive the launch timeline, daily responsibilities will include closely collaborating with domestic and international teams on all matters related to product registrations and compliance (i.e., leading the international team’s review of product formulations, clinical studies and dossiers, and artworks, consolidating their feedback, and actioning next steps needed to launch on-time).
- Assist with initiating new international artwork briefs, drive development with Creative group. Ensure that Creative is aware of all copy/package direction, providing components, working copy, etc. Review all copy submissions. Ensure that mechanicals are accurate for content, and that they are released on time. Monitor accuracy of final copy/art mechanicals, as well as consistency with CeraVe brand style codes.
Manage All Aspects of Establishing New Manufacturing Locations:
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting end-to-end manufacturing projects (formula validation, packaging validation, artwork creation, approvals of production samples) by collaborating with the R&I, Industrial Development, and Local Marketing Teams. Ensure efficiency, on-time launches, consistently high-quality products are achieved.
Marketing Development: Internal and External
- Assist DMI Category Lead in developing global launch collateral, medical and consumer-facing strategies
- Support preparing brief and creation of digital campaigns with digital team and agency
- Interact effectively with cross-functional teams to support DMI Marketing objectives and to execute marketing plan excellence
- Assist with conducting market/consumer analyses to provide insights on brand challenges, risks, and opportunities
- Work with Global Consumer Research to analyze global category research and support developing action plans for category
- Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 1-3 years of industry-related marketing work experience (beauty or consumer package goods)
- Marketing-related experience or knowledge of China or India Beauty Markets is desirable and a plus
- Marketing-related experience is highly desired, but not required
- 1-2 years global project management experience
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with team-oriented managerial skills; manages complexity with reasoning from multiple perspectives and makes decisions
- Previous development and/or launch management skills
- Strong appreciation for our business / affirmative sensitivity to the Skincare métier; understands beauty
- PC Proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Demonstrates L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator
- Interacts Effectively – listens with intent and communicates effectively, has excellent interpersonal skills (written and oral), actively networks
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – demonstrates respect and enriches team dynamics
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship and Agility – takes initiative, focus on customer, deals with uncertainty
- Innovates – shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value and promotes team creativity (i.e. contributes ideas)
- Achieves Results with Integrity – focuses on results (i.e., accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines), has bias for action to continuously improve processes and initiate work efficiencies
- Knowledge of Hindi and/or Mandarin is desired but required
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.