Position: Junior HR Associate – Corporate HR Administrative Support
Reporting to: VP of Human Resources
Job Type: Full – Time
Job Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ (with occasional travel to New York, NY)
Internship Summary: Are you looking to jump start your career in Human Resources with a global company? What better way to start your career in a corporate HR role with visibility to each division and exposure to senior global leadership. We are currently looking for a 12-month administrative intern to support the VP of Human Resources, Corporate Administration team for L’Oréal USA. This is a paid internship opportunity that requires a candidate who has graduated with a degree within the last 12 months and is able to work 40 hours per week. This internship will provide an opportunity to build a foundational knowledge in HR and learn about the industry with the number one beauty company in the world. Throughout the 12 months, the incumbent will also work with multiple HRIS and reporting systems, perform hands-on HR tasks, and receive a well-rounded skillset of how to be a strategic HR professional.
Internship Job Responsibilities
HR Generalist Support
- Assist with full generalist support for the HR Finance team ranging from recruitment, employee relations, reporting, etc.
- Scheduling Interview for Accounts Payable roles
- Managing the scheduling of touch bases for the VP & AVP of the team for Finance Senior & Junior team members
- Standardized monthly reporting to create Dashboards for the Finance and Accounting organizations
- Administrative KPI support to Karol Alvarez for the Global requests
- Minor adjustments and updates in the CAROL system when employee changes occur
- Support with various presentations including Town Halls, Career Development Off Sites, Talent Partner meetings & HOF Offsites
- Support team with internship recruitment for Finance Internship program as well as ad-hoc requests for administrative interns throughout corporate groups.
- Partner with the Talent Recruitment team to support the onboarding & integration of our Summer Interns
- Schedule & coordinate events for the Internship Program
- Coordinate speakers & educational activities with the program leader (AVP)
- Manage all workflows for EEs on the team (terms, new hires, moves etc.)
- Support logistics and events for Finance Summer Internship Program
- Coordination of activities/events for the Internship program including:
- Excel training, Onboarding, Touch Bases, Final presentations
- Support logistics and events for Finance Management Development Program
- Full calendar of events for the year which requires coordination with Heads of Finance for round tables and management of the various expectations and events of the MDPs
- Assist team with preparation of materials and binders for People Review Meetings/Salary Review Process
- With the addition of the Accounting People Reviews, there will be ~ 6 People Review meetings annually
- Salary Review Process support will be primarily manual and administrative work to ensure system formally updated and binders/reports prepared
- Assist with runn
- ing and updating organizational charts and dashboards for client groups, as needed
- Monthly updates to org charts which includes completing for the Corporate teams & requesting of the divisions to ensure accuracy and regular updates
- Manage employee relations initiatives such as team building events
- Responsible for Corporate employee files and documentation to ensure accurate and complete employee records. Follow-up as needed.
- Intern would manage both physical files in the BH office and the electronic files in our drive
- Attendance of the FL organization as we manage COVID is completed on a daily basis
- Manage onboarding process including background checks and creating files, as needed
- This is particularly important for the FL organization and includes the temporary workforce tracking
- Records management including, termination files, I-9 documentation, non-compete etc.
- Run ad-hoc reports as needed
- This happens regularly when a request is made from various team members regarding reports for the team. Example is PWC audits quarterly for the Accounting team.
- Support HR team with calendar scheduling and maintenance, monthly travel & expense reporting, preparing meeting presentations, etc.
- Management of POs, Budget dollars & tracking for the team, etc.
- Support team with various administrative tasks, as needed (conference room booking, event coordination, etc.)
- Support team with maintaining/running monthly reports and dashboards
- Support team with purchase orders and budget management, etc.
- Support Training Lead with enrollment and course management, scheduling and coordination of speakers
- Create course codes and sessions in PRISM for the defined calendar each year
- Enter in the proposed attendees for each session and then update final status of training attendance post-training
- Coordinate the calendars of the various speakers for virtual and live sessions of various Finance Trainings
- Provide PO support and manage budget tracking for the Training Lead
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled in senior year of college or within 12 months of graduation from a four-year undergraduate college or university with educational history continuous and no breaks greater than five months between diploma/degrees received.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Flexibility to commute back and forth to NY/NJ to attend meetings, events, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.