Come and be a part of the exciting and dynamic world of L'Oréal USA as a Junior Marketing Associate! The L'Oréal USA 12-Month Junior Marketing Associate (JMA) internship program allows creative visionaries and strategic thinkers to enhance their marketing knowledge in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. The JMA program is paid internship opportunity that for candidates who have graduated with a degree within the last 12 months and is able to work 40 hours per week.
We are looking for a Junior Marketing Associate to join the Cerave Global Marketing & Product Development team in the Active Cosmetics Division of L’Oreal USA.
Learn more about all the different functions that fall under the Junior Marketing Associate Program here including Global Marketing & Product Development (DMI), Operational (US) Marketing, Social/Influencer/PR, and Digital (eCommerce, Analytics, etc.)
Beyond the Junior Marketing Associate program?
Successful completion of the program, as well as excellent demonstrated performance, entitles participants for top consideration and placement into the Management Trainee Program, an accelerated professional development, full-time salary position.
At CeraVe we believe that everyone has a right to healthy skin and are on a mission to provide therapeutic skincare to all. As a leader in mass medical skincare, CeraVe is quickly expanding across all continents and has become the fastest growing skincare brand at L’Oreal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Product Development: (~50% of workload)
- Collaborate with all Marketing Managers to support new product launches, gaining exposure into end-to-end product development process.
- Reporting into the Global Marketing Manager of Acne, SA, Toners & Foot Cream, support Acne and SA range format expansions.
- Support the Sr Brand Manager for Face, Skin Renewing and Serum in day-to-day activities related to product development, as needed.
- Attend weekly development meetings to help PD team track key needs such as sampling programs, market samples, market registration and artwork approval.
- Support team on product/formula/samples/artworks questions from other teams/markets.
- Prepare competitive product overviews as needed to support product ideation & development.
- Research, create, and propose a “Capstone” Presentation to recommend new product innovation opportunities for CeraVe, leveraging learnings from JMA experience.
Data / Analysis / Insights Collection: (~30% of workload)
- Prepare deliverables (PowerPoint slides) for Management Meetings covering state of business, financials.
- Create sales reports on Nielsen and generate insights.
- Create sales reports as requested by team using ACD OneMarket platform.
- Prepare competitive product overviews and formula analysis to support product ideation & development.
Special Projects: (~20% of workload)
- Lead shipments of samples between domestic and international cross-functional stakeholders.
- Support the creation of product comps.
- Assist various members of Marketing Team with any special requests or administrational tasks, as an adaptable “team player”.
- Assist with receiving and routing Invoices and SOWs.
General Skills for the JMA Role:
- Organization – Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously and pivot quickly between various priorities.
- Oral and written communication – As the Artwork Project Manager, the JMA must clearly and efficiently articulate recommendations to both DMI and cross-functional partners. All deadlines must be met to ensure product launch timing is maintained.
- Agility – Through navigating various leadership styles and collaborating with international stakeholders with different ways of working.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Enthusiastic team player with a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Undergraduate degree completed within the last 12 months
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional writing skills; experience with copywriting a plus
- Able to be resourceful and solution oriented
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work within brand aesthetic and tone of voice
- Have a go-getter attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.