Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani and Youth to the People.
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: 12 Month Administrative Retail Marketing Intern
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, NY
Supervisor Title: AVP
Section 2: Job Summary
Productive, self-motivated, team and detail-oriented are qualities necessary for success in this role. Provide assistance to the Retail Experience Team (Retail Marketing and Education) with an emphasis on project trafficking and product maintenance, as well as handle own retail and education related projects.
Section 3: Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, need to have graduated within the past 12 months.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- High level of organization
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment and to multi-task
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
Close supervision required for judgment or decision making associated with this position.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
Section 6: Financial Scope:
Responsible for administrative tracking of the budget.
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
Administrative departmental duties including, but not limited to:
- Book meetings in-house and offsite; secure conference rooms; confirm meetings/appts; register and greet guests; secure technology and other equipment, food/bev, etc for meetings
- Maintain files for expense reports, agency invoices, check requests, memo’s
- Maintain brand files, chrono’s and promotional files
- Invoice processing
- Coordinate and prepare materials for all marketing presentations to senior management, retailers and sales meetings
- Competitive set purchases and evaluation
- Field Force mailings (special events, new products, etc.) and other cross-functional product procurement
- Order, issue and track all no-charge merchandise as well as sales holds for product closet
- Responsible for all marketing mailings to the field force, magazines, etc.
- Responsible for packing and shipping of event and education tools, gratis, lab samples, toas and gwps
- Responsible for set-up of all in-house presentations
- All other necessary administrative duties
2. Marketing Duties:
- Issue, track and follow up on Creative Service Requests (CSR’s)
for local set production, in-store merchandising and visual weeks
- Assist in competitive research, market analysis and consumer insights
- Assist in Skypad pulls to assess set performance
- Assist in identifying, synthesizing and presenting promotional and event trends both in-store and in digital channels
- Responsible for keeping promotional calendars up to date
- Assist in retailer program brainstorming: GWPS, TOAs, event and animation themes, set assortments, merchandising differentiation, artistry points of difference
- Maintain product closet inventory
- Support the team in prepping for all internal and external presentations
- Ad-hoc Retail Experience (retail marketing, education, events) projects
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $20.00- 27.00 per hour
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.