Job Title: Senior Analyst, Finance
Supervisor Title: Director, and/or VP/SVP Finance
Location: New York City (435 Hudson St)
The Senior Analyst, Finance, is responsible for managing a full P&L for Luxury Beauty Stores (LBS), with particular emphasis on YOY spend analysis for development, rent, and promotionality. The Manager, Finance will also serve as the financial liaison to the Sales, Marketing, and Business Development and Human Resources departments. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the Chief Retail Officer team to complete business cases on each of the stores, and liaise with senior management of the brand to make recommendations for the future of the LBS business.
- Complete reconciliation between all systems (Compass, SAP, FC) for all signatures and all doors
- Complete and reconcile allocations both products and doors during the close, trend, and budget processes
- Must be comfortable with granular-level data (the LBS business has 13 signatures across over 45 doors, which are planned on a detailed level during trend and close).
- Complete ROI’s for promotions and spend throughout the year
- Complete Business cases for rent increases for each door on lease renewal basis
- Complete impairment analysis for each door on yearly basis
- Work with Business Development team to understand the drivers behind sales in the P&L
- Understand and influence the financial strategy of LBS –your financial strategy may differ from business development’s strategy
- Complete PO approval as necessary
- Complete JE’s as necessary and liaise with accounting for all entries
- Maintain data mapping between SAP and Compass for all products
- Provide monthly commentary for key drivers to spend and cost savings in the monthly P&L
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of retail (beauty or consumer goods) finance experience.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, and analysis experience required, with previous experience managing a full P&L.
- Strong communication, collaboration and team building
- Broad business acumen and problem solving skills.
- A self-starter that is able to operate with minimum direction and adapt quickly to changes in priorities and multi-task multiple projects.
- Flexible, diplomatic, detail oriented style with professional, positive manner
- Self-starter with a high level of professionalism and demonstrated initiative, judgment, decisiveness, confidence and discretion.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel; proficient and comfortable with technology and able to troubleshoot routine technological issues. Knowledge and/or experience with SAP a plus.
- Ability to sit and use normal office equipment (phone, computer etc) more than 90% of the day.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to travel for company events when needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.