Want to work for a company that recognizes your individuality, passion, and gives you the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways from day one? A company devoted to building and shaping your future, that was rated as a WayUp Top 100 internship program, and is a market leader in its industry with brands such as Baxter of California, Redken, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, and NYX Professional Makeup? Then check out this summer internship opportunity with L’Oréal USA.
Our human resources teams are looking for high-performing and motivated students to join their teams as summer interns to work on challenging projects and learn from and be developed by our excellent HR teams. At L’Oréal, we give our interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and to become future leaders.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own an individual project and/or group project with strategic business impact that you present to senior leaders
- Work with multiple HRIS and reporting systems while experiencing hands-on HR generalist tasks and supporting strategic projects
- Follow up and solicit feedback from employees on a regular basis with a “customer service” orientation and ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Engage our teams in sharing best HR practices and offer opportunities to collaborate on a regular basis
- Work strategically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root causes and recommend solutions for HR related business issues
- Network and learn about multiple functions (Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, R&I and Sales
- Participate in formal and informal training opportunities
Who You Are:
- You must be an enrolled 4-year degree college student graduating either Spring or Summer 2020
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and ongoing future basis without requiring sponsorship
- You must be within commuting distance of our USA Headquarters in New York City
- You are able to work the entirety of the 11 week summer internship program in 2019, starting on May 29th and ending August 9th
- You must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any major with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and have demonstrated leadership ability and interest in the area of HR through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a self-starter with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- You are resourceful and can successfully move a project forward being given vague or new tasks
- You are able to work both collaboratively on group initiatives and autonomously on individual projects
- You have strong attention to detail analytically and are result oriented
- You enjoy both right brain and left brain activities – comfortable with being creative and analytical
All students will be notified of their application status by Friday, February 1st.
Want to know more? Check out the links below!
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.