Title: Consumer Advocate
Department: Consumer Care Center (CDMO)
Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ
Job Summary: The Consumer Care Center in Berkeley Heights, NJ gives L’Oreal USA the ability to engage with our consumers through many touch points. The Consumer Advocates will support the Hair Care/Color category by responding to consumer contacts via multiple channels (phone, e-commerce, rating & reviews, chat, Sprinklr, FBM, SMS, emails and letters). Advocate will provide expert knowledge to consumers, salons, and other sources contacting us for information or seeking assistance in the use our products. Will utilize opportunities to build sustainable relationships. Offers insights to the brands for continuous product and service improvement.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Displays a professional company image through voice and online interactions
- Meets established quality standards in all contacts across all channels
- Ensures optimal service levels maximizing resources
- Recognizes and recommends new ways to influence consumers in their purchase decision
- Performance meets expectations of key metrics
- Adheres to assigned schedule, which is subject to change and may include evening and/or Saturday hours.
- Offers schedule flexibility to support the needs of the business
- Able to compose custom responses that clearly address the issue in a way that is understandable by the consumer
- Responsible for recognizing opportunities for improvement in our policies or processes and leading the initiative in an effort to reduce disruptions in service or detract from customer satisfaction.
- Supports the voice of the consumer by collecting insights as requested by the brands, CMI, digital and e-commerce
- Has expert product knowledge within the Métier
- Assists consumers in finding appropriate products
- Educates consumers in the use of our products
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities/ introduces consumers to new products and services and or places order for customer using Demandware
- Builds relationships with each consumer who contacts our brands
- Recognizes, document all consumer interactions and alert management of trends.
- Is able to communicate content of consumer conversations accurately to support consumer insights
- Participates in focus groups or discussions with stakeholders
- Resolves issues fairly, balancing the needs of the consumers with those of the organization
- CRM: BRAIN
- Documents product issues in a way that the information can be used for product improvement or development
- Accurately enters required information in the CRM and surveys to ensure data integrity
- Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
- Displays Sensitivity to the Métier
- Interacts Effectively
- Achieves Results with Integrity
- Strong product/brand knowledge
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate skills with MS® Word
- If bi-lingual – able to compose responses in same language
- Position requires extended periods of time answering calls with the use of a headset
Introduction to LUSA
Introduction to CCC-Consumer land
- Brand Training (as applicable)
The Way we Prevent Corruption
- Complete knowledge of use of Brain
Be Cyber Secure
SRA-Service & Retail Academy
- Communication skills
- Customer Service Skills
Process training-brand knowledge inventory
- Health related
- Data privacy
- Ingredient and Safety overview
- Call flow/simulations
- Ecommerce process + Demandware
- SOP review
Ethics at L’Oreal
Digital writing skills
- Responding with empathy
- Reading analytically
Compliance w/Competition Law
Emergency Preparedness for BH
Indirect Sourcing Policy Training
Preferred Key Experiences (prior to this position):
- College degree preferred
- A combination of education and relevant business experience will be considered.
- Demonstrates expertise in the products, services, philosophies and culture within the Métier.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.