Category Development Manager
Reporting to the Business Development Director
ABOUT THE JOB
· Develop a winning go-to-market strategic plan with selling stories that our customers cannot refuse
· Position the division as the key strategic growth partner on skincare across our retail and e-commerce customers.
· Design and implement practical sales, business development and retention strategies & tools
· Identify business-specific cross-sell and upsell opportunities
· Build strong relationships with external (customers) internal stakeholders across sales, marketing, business development, supply chain and finance as the category expert
· People Leadership (x1 Category Assistant) to build capacity and ensure sustainability of growth
· Transforming the business and empowering a high performance tea
· Analyse category dynamics, performance and trends to identify future growth opportunities and develop retailer-specific recommendations
· Lead category planning, range reviews, new product development ranging and Space/Range optimisation along with providing recommendations on retailer specific strategies
· Working with marketing and sales functions on optimising innovation launches across all retailers, recommending position on shelf, depth of distribution and providing financial analysis on the category impact of potential upcoming changes (i.e. new brands, exiting brands, space changes etc).
· Utilise consumer, shopper and market insights from multiple platforms and information sources to create compelling customer presentations which engage retailers and assert our category credentials
· Delivery of compelling insights, analysis and research findings to retailers to drive alignment and implementation of category growth driving plans
· You have 5+ years previous experience within a similar role within a similar environment
· You will have a willingness to own the strategic level direction whilst maintaining a passion for grass-roots
· You will be a critical thinker with strong decision-making abilities
· You will be comfortable in operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing dynamic environment
· You will be comfortable with quantitative and qualitative measures and analysis to help drive in market activity
· Strong quantitative data analysis (e.g. Aztec) with advanced-level Excel skills
· Qualitative data interpretation – Shopper Intelligence
· Planograms experience (JDA software ideally)
· Deliver strategy presentations
ABOUT THE DIVISION
Our 'high street' division, Consumer Products Division, offers a wide range of colouring, hair care, make-up and skincare brands through main retail channels such as supermarkets and chemists with brands like L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline, Garnier, NYX Professional Makeup & Essie. We offer a wide range of market leading skincare, cosmetics, hair colouring and hair care brands through retail channels such as supermarkets, chemists and e-commerce.
L'Oréal Australia and New Zealand are part of the L'Oréal Group – the world's largest pure beauty company with over 100 years of history and experience. We are a passionate team in a growing market, working to deliver our mission of Beauty for All through our local portfolio of 29 brands in Australia and 19 brands in New Zealand.
L’Oréal is leading the revolution of the beauty industry, focusing more on emerging technologies & digital transformation for its consumers in a world that is changing rapidly.
L’Oréal is a supporter of reducing barriers that exist due to traditional working practices and therefore flexible work arrangements will be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs or disability.
Follow us on Instagram @lorealaustralia
Follow us on Twitter