ABOUT THE JOB
• Develop, monitor and manage a portfolio of retailers/clients account, in accordance with the strategy of division, channel and brand.
• Collaboratively across functions and stakeholders build the joint business plan with the account(s). Contribute to the commercial vision by sharing account perspective, risks and opportunities.
• Create an annual business plan/trade marketing plan/animations/merchandising/training, considering levers of growth to achieve brand results (sell-in, sell-out, market share) and the profitability of brands within the account using your portfolios growth drivers across both stores and e-retail. Use this to forecast effectively and collaboratively with supply and marketing teams.
• Establish and develop partnerships and strong relationships with key retailer contacts. Prepare and lead the Account (s) negotiations, escalating when relevant. Build the action plan to implement the Division and channel strategy. Ensure its execution and tracking down to store level and across sell in and sell out. Suggest plan adaptation when needed.
• Act as the expert of their account to feed a retailer-centric account planning process, to ensure as much alignment as possible
• Builds a retailer specific development plan, and a compelling story to get retailer buying in. Build a deep customer intelligence and strong network with key stakeholders at the retailer’s.
• Work closely with other departments (Supply, retail, finance, marketing) Connect Account key stakeholder of all functions with their L’Oréal counterpart. Ensure the consistency of L’Oréal voices when speaking to the retailer
• Drive the performance of their accounts (P & L). Manage stock agreements with trade partners/staffing agreements. Monitor contracts/invoices associated with the brand. Prepare and conduct brands strategy meetings with the trade marketing.
• Engage with retail teams to deliver trade plans. Co-ordinate with other internal departments on retailer/client activity (sales, supply chain, marketing, customer service, education, merchandising, legal department). Work closely with other account managers and retail teams. Represent the retailer/client internally.
ABOUT THE PERKS
• On-site gym, café & staff shop at our St Kilda Road head office
• Access to Health & Well-being programs throughout the year
• Corporate & Staff discounts as well as annual product allowance to use
• Ongoing sales training and career development
• Have an in depth understanding of the Australian consumer markets. (FMCG preferred, but not essential)
• Natural collaborator with a strong analytical mind-set you will be able to influence those around you to drive your account growth.
• You will possess excellent gravitas and strong communication skills to be able to articulate a clear vision effectively in partnership with your key account/s to achieve mutually beneficial commercial outcomes.
• Your commercial approach will set you apart as will your conviction and resilience to work within a fast-paced agile environment.
• Intermediate excel skills required
ABOUT THE DIVISION
L'Oréal Luxe is all about elegance and refinement. Our international skin care, make-up and perfume brand portfolio include beauty brands with some of the most iconic products in the world such as Lancome, Giorgio Armani, YSL, Kiehl’s, Urban Decay & Valentino amongst many others.
L'Oréal Australia is part of the L'Oréal Group, with 32 brands present in Australia. For over a century we have been dedicated to one sole vocation: creating beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity. Because we are the global leader in beauty, we are aware that everything we do can have a meaningful impact, and everyone at L'Oréal has a common purpose – to create the beauty that moves the world.
L'Oréal Australia is a supporter of reducing barriers that exist due to traditional working practices and therefore flexible work arrangements will be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs or disability. We are an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and a Family Friendly Workplace (Parents At Work & UNICEF).
L'Oréal Australia acknowledges acknowledge the Traditional Owners & Custodians of the lands on which we work and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.