ABOUT THE JOB
An exciting opportunity to join our Business Development team in our Professional Products Division in their analytics transformation journey.
- Working closely with the BD team, marketing, commercial, supply chain and finance to create analytical models to drive the operational strategy
- Working across multiple datasets within the division on multiple platforms across marketing, promotions and digital ecommerce
- Responsible to plan, design, implement and test data analytics across division functions in a timely manner. Establish standard process for maintenance and work closely with IT to ensure sustainability and scalability
- Translate, visualise and communicate the results, while supporting process change management and cultural development where needed
- Upskilling key stakeholders and juniors throughout the data analytics journey, both in monthly meetings to share ideas and best practices, and ad-hoc advice
- Work collaboratively with the entire analytics community to establish best practices, develop and train each other and help build a positive data driven culture across the organisation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with analytics in a similar role using Machine Learning
- Experience within a FMCG /Retail, fashion or pure player environment; consulting experience also highly valued
- A natural collaborator with a strong analytical mind-set you will be able to influence those around you with stakeholder management experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate business strategy into analytical tasks and translate back to tangible business result
- Able to query databases (SQL) is valued, along with statistical language use such as R or Python. Excel proficiency is essential. Experience with PowerBi, Google Analytics and Google BigQuery is preferred but not essential
- Experience using Visualisation tools such as PowerBI or Tableau is highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Math, Engineering or Statistics/Economics are preferred. Business or Commerce degrees are also acceptable, provided you have strong numerical skills. Masters/PHD in a similar field also highly valued. Certifications in Google Analytics, or Google Cloud (or similar platforms) are highly valued
ABOUT THE PERKS
- Attractive base + bonus + profit share + product allowance
- Life insurance and Income Protection
- On-site gym
- Extra week of leave and Summer hours (2pm finishes on a Friday)!
ABOUT L’ORÉAL AUSTRALIA
L'Oréal Australia is part of the L'Oréal Group, with 32 brands present in Australia. For over a century we have been dedicated to one sole vocation: creating beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity. Because we are the global leader in beauty, we are aware that everything we do can have a meaningful impact, and everyone at L'Oréal has a common purpose – to create the beauty that moves the world.
L'Oréal Australia is a supporter of reducing barriers that exist due to traditional working practices and therefore flexible work arrangements will be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs or disability. We are an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and a Family Friendly Workplace (Parents At Work & UNICEF).
L'Oréal Australia acknowledges acknowledge the Traditional Owners & Custodians of the lands on which we work and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.