- I am, together with my team of 3 brand/marketing controllers, the financial sparring partner for the Brand Business Leaders and proactively contribute to ongoing (ad hoc) business cases within the luxury division.
- I’m able to oversee the full brand P&Ls (e.g. Lancome, YSL, Armani, Biotherm, Mugler), reflect on deviations and steer on opportunities and risks.
- I consistently initiate improvement of the brands profit- and loss account.
I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR :
- Managing a team of 3 brand controllers by coordinating their output and boosting their development to a next level
- Overseeing the full brand P&Ls, pro-actively anticipating risks & opportunities
- Preparing the (pre)budget bottom-up: by franchise, by brand, by axis (e.g. fragrance, make-up, skin)
- Monthly closing of books (month/quarter/yearend close)
- Monthly updates of brand P&Ls with Brand Business Leaders
- Revising of budget 4 times during the year
- Daily alignment with different disciplines within the division (marketing, supply, finance)
- Monthly tracking and improving of internal & external audit compliance, aiming for 100% compliance
- Continuous financial training & knowledge sharing towards the organization (e.g. finance for non-financials)
- Daily monitoring of administrative process behind provisions (PO creation, accurate and complete balance, appropriate classification)
- P&L landing versus budget
- Accurate, complete and on time month close
- Pro-active finance sparring partner for Brand Business Leaders
- Internal & external audit compliance
- People development
- Monthly closing of financial books
- Monthly reporting on client P&L performance actual versus budget
- Full P&L prebudget, budget and trend 4x per year
- Ad hoc analysis, business cases (e.g. investment opportunities)
I HAVE IN -DEPTH KNOWLEDGE OF:
- P&L management
- Excel / Powerpoint / Power BI (optional)
- SAP (ERP), Compass (L’Oréal reporting tool) / Boost
- Act as pro-active business partner
- Entrepreneurial, challenge the status quo, inspire
- Analytical, instantly spot deviations
- Social team player, down to earth mentality
- Dare to say no, speak up if needed
- Open but fair communication style
- Works structured, able to oversee team deliverables, plans in advance
- 7-10 years of experience including managing a team of highly skilled professionals
- Leaving a legacy mindset, lifting the quality of brand controlling to an even greater level
Diversity in our recruitment process:
L’Oréal does not make any distinction in gender, age and ethnicity and believes in the power of a diverse workforce.
“A diversified workforce in every function and on all levels strengthens our creativity and our understanding of consumers and it enables us to develop and market products that are relevant“.
(Jean-Paul Agon, former CEO L’Oréal Group)