For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. It is a business rich in meaning, as it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. From make-up to hair color, from hair care to skincare and fragrances, our products magnify, beautify, soothe, moisturize, strengthen, rejuvenate... Regardless of a person’s age, origin or personality, above all and before all, they enable her or him to care for what is certainly most precious to each man and each woman – and most fragile: the face, the skin, the body… in a word: caring for oneself.
Our research budget reached €794 million in 2015, which represents 3.1% of turnover.
In the last 10 years, our Research budget has increased more rapidly than the Group's sales.
More than 490 patents were registered in 2015. Our workforce consists of 3800 employees, representing about sixty nationalities and thirty different scientific backgrounds (chemistry, physics, biology, dermatology, optics, rheology, IT, statistics, analysis, etc.).
- Help create and ensure the prompt availability of quality products for businesses that are safe and effective, suitable for mass production, in line with the brand/category innovation strategy.
- Ensure launch commitments are met with regard to lead times and costs.
- Assume responsibility for allocated projects product delivery in full and in time
- Check consumer background, competition environment, technical state of art and bibliographic research
- Plan retro planning for given projects, experimental plan
- Perform the lab trials and follow all the tests (stab, safety/efficacy, and consumer), write technical & project status recap and publish the reports.
- Scaling up and all industrialization studies
- Paper work, maintain accurate/updated information in project management systems (ex. Orchestra, n driver, share.net)
- Connect with related lab for technology sharing and collaboration
- Risk assessment, prediction and actions to take
- Promote and coordinate cross-disciplinary technologies within the business line
- Contribute to safeguarding L’Oréal intellectual property (registering and protecting patents, etc.)
- Ensure and respect all company and R&I guidelines, ex. EHS rules and good laboratory practice. (ex. housekeeping)
- Lead and coordinate transversal missions
WHO ARE YOU ?
- Cross-disciplinary vision and chemistry related background, lab work/formulation experience, understanding of research activities and relevant scientific and technical application, Master and above is more preferred but not limited.
- Creativity, proposes creative ideas or scientific concepts
- Sense and knowledge about cosmetics products, closely follow and have prospective view of cosmetics trend, consumer centric thinking, market awareness
- Solid grasp of development processes and projects
- Summarizing/abstracting and presentation skill
- Organizational skills, versatility and responsiveness
- Working under pressure, hard working
- Team spirit minded
- Communication skills, and fluent in English and Chinese