Celebrity Endorsement Controller
The Celebrity Endorsement Controller is belonging to the international financial department of L’Oréal’s Luxury Division. Based in Levallois-Perret, she/he is in charge of managing all facets of global advertising deals between brands, and celebrities and social media influencers. She/he will have to mainly focus on the following job accountabilities:
1) Collaborating with brand leaders to drive endorsement negotiations
Coordinating a multi-disciplinary brand executive team and Legal team to negotiate, draft and execute agreements with celebrities, models, musicians, and photographers. She/he serves as first point-of-contact for celebrities’ agents during negotiations and throughout the contract term.
2) Managing a substantial budget for different brands including Giorgio Armani Beauty, Viktor&Rolf, Cacharel and Diesel Fragrances:
- Forecasting costs for budget and trends processes based on product launch plans;
- Calculating and booking prepaid expenses through end of month closing procedure;
- Evaluating tax exposure and legal risks, including copyright compensation and employment status.
3) Supporting newly acquired brands in the Talents management:
- Advising GM’s and Controlling head of newly-acquired brands, including Valentino Beauty, Prada Beauty and Atelier Cologne, on their endorsement strategies
4) Performing ad hoc analysis
- Conducting cross-brand benchmark study for celebrity endorsement costs to advise L’Oréal Luxe’s managing director in his global advertising strategy, and to ensure that each brand pays an appropriate price for endorsements
- Leading some global review / negotiations when needed (Covid crisis for instance)
The Celebrity Endorsement Controller is reporting to the Head of Controlling of the corresponding brands.
- Master's degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting (BAC+5)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in audit or controlling
- An legal academic background or experience would be a plus
- Excellent communicator, you are rigorous, flexible and have strong analytical skills
- Able to work in an international environment
- Fluent in English