At L'Oréal, our ambition is to become the #1 BeautyTech company, meaning inventing the beauty of the future while becoming the company of the future.
To stimulate this transformation, we have created the Tech Accelerator, a product delivery organization (startup inside the big ship) to deliver transversal use cases that will drive the tech transformation of the group, covering all business and functional domains under a network of international hubs (Paris-Shanghai-New York). Adopting agile ways of working, designed to simulate, optimize, deliver and scale solutions to design challenges with a team of experts in data science, UX & UI design, data platforms and tech engineering.
Your experience will be multi-disciplinary, working side by side with designers, engineers, data scientists, business experts and product managers. You will be fully immersed in the convergence of design, human behavior, business and technology, and you will be part of a team that is truly transformative in the way it thinks, acts and positively impacts our consumers.
You will apply the human-centred design approach on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs into products, services and environments.
As a member of our team, you will join in our significant and serious efforts to embed design into strategic problems. On your projects you will work on blended cross-functional teams and will tackle all aspects of the design process. You will think creatively and strategically, dissecting business problems and using design methodologies to develop innovative outcomes.
- Partner with product teams to define product strategy and turn business requirements into functional designs.
- Conduct and manage ideation workshops, user research and usability studies
- Design, deliver, and ship user-friendly, high-quality, product designs from discovery to launch
- Design flows and interactions that are intuitively simple
- Build prototypes to communicate design ideas to users and internal stakeholders
- Run user testing sessions on prototypes to help evaluate and validate your hypothesis
- Contribute to grow and maintain our design system
- Collaborate with product, data and engineering to provide product specs & assets and ensure design intent is realized across apps
- Define and monitor UX KPIs on products to track satisfaction, adoption and retention
- Advocate for UX mindset and practices across the organization with the team
- All levels of experience welcomed, we hunt for personality and mindset.
- You have a proactive and an entrepreneur mindset, advocating your impact and autonomously communicating progress, learnings, and goals to the company and beyond
- You have extensive experience working in a growing design & research team and can talk about how you have worked with stakeholders to deliver impact in dynamic environments
- You demonstrate in-depth knowledge in design methods and craft. You have a collection of examples where you’ve contributed successful impact
- You demonstrate proficiency with modern research and prototyping tools (such as Miro, Sketch, Figma, Maze, Principle, ProtoPie, etc.)
- You keep an eye on the market regarding new tools and emerging technologies that could help us become more effective and efficient
- You have a passion to help our small team grow. You can contribute inclusive design practices, are comfortable in voicing your opinion, and love mentoring and coaching others
- You like to define the why before thinking about the how and demonstrate a strong outcome-oriented mindset
- You are obsessive about UX and UI design, you have an attention to detail regarding edge cases, hierarchy, contrast, cognition, etc...
- You deliver designs with a systematic approach
- You think about interfaces not as static pixels but as dynamic experiences and can express yourself effortlessly with motion, flows and stories
- You are inherently curious, you are idealistic but you challenge the status quo responsibility and can always find the middle ground while fighting against mediocrity
- You are comfortable in communicating professionally in English as we are an international team
You are missing some hard skills? It's ok.
You will be mentored by seniors to grow your practice and autonomy.
This job will rapidly move to Lead responsibilities.
L'Oréal is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.