For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. It is a business rich in meaning, as it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. From make-up to hair color, from hair care to skincare and fragrances, our products magnify, beautify, soothe, moisturize, strengthen, rejuvenate... Regardless of a person’s age, origin or personality, above all and before all, they enable her or him to care for what is certainly most precious to each man and each woman – and most fragile: the face, the skin, the body… in a word: caring for oneself.
Our research budget reached €794 million in 2015, which represents 3.1% of turnover.
In the last 10 years, our Research budget has increased more rapidly than the Group's sales.
More than 490 patents were registered in 2015. Our workforce consists of 3800 employees, representing about sixty nationalities and thirty different scientific backgrounds (chemistry, physics, biology, dermatology, optics, rheology, IT, statistics, analysis, etc.)
- You optimize and develop new microfluidic tools applied to research into raw materials (RM), whose mixing forms an occlusive material (application to research into aluminum salts substitutes). You contribute to their modeling.
- You identify and deploy (either internally or externally) microfluidic applications adapted to the study of interactions between cosmetic raw materials and the component parts of the microbiome, with a view to understanding how to protect it through an improved selection of our RMs.
- You communicate on and distribute the keys of microfluidics applied to the various fields of advanced research.
- You contribute to the development of transverse research programs into microfluidics covering various themes.
- You enforce the safety rules in the laboratory.
- You are an engineer or an engineer-researcher in physicochemistry, biomaterials or biotechnology.
- You have a strong command of microfluidic techniques applied to physicochemistry and biological systems (cellular or microbial).
- You are capable of working in project mode and on an international stage.
- You are at ease in the exercise of cross-functional management.
- You are a good listener, flexible and you quickly adapt to change.
- You are a good teacher with a strong knowledge of the international industrial environment.