We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Category Insight Manager who will work in conjunction with marketing and commercial teams to provide key insight, strategy and drive category growth.
Key elements to your role:
- Focus on specific category strategies based on deep consumer, O+O shopper and customer insight and build action plans that optimize O+O category growth.
- Identify growth opportunity via category expansion and innovation that answer channel needs
- Act as 'go to' expert in your specific categories
- Prepare compelling category stories to support in providing concept sells to enable Retail/e-Retail Category and Sales teams to land projects
- Analyze multiple sources of data to fully understand responsibility categories.
- Develop full understanding of category story based on combination of data source i.e. Nielsen Retail Audit, Kantarpanel, e-Comm sell out, Google Analytic, CRM database and other relevant adhoc research studies.
- Apply appropriate data to drive understanding of accounts
Who we’re looking for:
Alongside experience in a similar role and excellent management & communication skills, you should be confident demonstrating all of the following:
- Strong analytical skills (analyst background a plus)
- Ability to work with multiple continuous data sources (Nielsen Retail Panel, e-commerce order data, Google Analytic data etc)
- Familiarity with ad hoc research studies
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to work effectively in a team, but also self-sufficient and resilient when working without supervision
- Confident, enthusiastic and persuasive in their manner, the job holder will be practical and methodical in their approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to develop sharp insight and build it into action plans to optimise sales and profit