所在地: Netherlands - Headoffice Hoofddorp
Data Protection manager BENELUX
Reporting to the Benelux General Counsel and functionally to the Group Data Protection Officer (DPO), the Data Protection Manager Benelux (DPM) is responsible for implementing within the Benelux the Group’s personal data protection policies and processes, for employees, consumers and service providers, in compliance with EU laws. The role will require (more or less) equal presence in Hoofddorp (NL) and Brussels (BE) and some additional travelling within Europe.
The role is based in Hoofddorp (NL) or Brussels (BE).
1. Implement within the Benelux the Group Data Protection Governance program
· implement data protection policies (in compliance with local regulations and EU laws);
· adapt procedures to ensure Group policies are effective (including privacy impact assessments, handling procedures, etc.);
· ensure with IT security that relevant measures guarantee compliance with data protection policies and procedures;
· report to Country Management and Group DPO on the data protection program implementation.
2. Ensure local entity’s compliance on data protection
· ensure documentation of data processing including the maintenance of a data protection register;
· cooperate with the Data Protection Authorities and act as its contact point for any related privacy issues;
· review data protection clauses in customer and vendor agreements;
· assess internal tools’ privacy impact and make recommendations to ensure compliance;
· inform employees’ representatives or obtain their prior approval, with HR support;
· handle data breach crisis situations with Group DPO and other relevant functions;
· ensure that data subject requests are handled adequately and in a timely manner;
· inform Country Management and Group DPO of new regulations which may impact business activities.
3. Raise internal awareness
· train all entity’s employees;
· communicate internally regularly; organize events, such as a “Data Protection Day”;
· monitor the local evolution on data protection (participate to conferences and trainings).
Our ideal candidate has:
· between 5 and 8 years of experience in (IT) auditing, preferably with a large firm or company
· solid knowledge of EU data protection laws, regulations and practices;
· experience in working with public authorities;
· understanding of digital and IT challenges;
· business acumen and cultural sensibility;
· strong communication skills (fluent in English AND Dutch or French);
· a self-starting mind-set with the ability to manage projects;
· ability to influence key stakeholders and manage relationships.
What we offer:
L’Oréal offers an attractive role in a dynamic FMCG work environment, a compatible salary with
excellent secondary conditions (e.g. 13th month, profit sharing) and opportunities for further
(international) career development.
At L’Oréal we aim to hire a diverse workforce:
“A diversified workforce in every function and on all levels strengthens our creativity and our understanding of consumers and it enables us to develop and market products that are relevant“
(Jean-Paul Agon, chaiman and CEO of L’Oréal)
This vacancy will be open until October 24th , after which a first selection of candidates will be made.
The first round of interviews are scheduled to take place in the following 2 weeks. We aim to finalize the interview rounds in November latest.
L’Oréal has been the market leader in the cosmetics business for over 100 years, and is one of the largest FMCG companies in the world. This success is the result of our powerful portfolio of international brands that is unique in the world and that covers all the lines of cosmetics: hair care, coloring, skin care, make-up and perfume.
Very complementary, these brands are managed within the group by 4 divisions that each have expertise in their own distribution channel:
The Consumer Products Division offers the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people on every continent. Its brands are available in mass-market channels (hypermarkets, supermarkets, drugstores and traditional stores). The division is the spearhead of the group’s quest to win over a further billion consumers.
Brands include: L’Oréal Paris - Garnier - Maybelline New York - Essie – NYX Cosmetics
L'Oréal Luxe offers both men and women throughout the world an array of prestigious and modern international brands with a unique heritage. The brands of L’Oréal Luxe strive to promote the different specialities of luxury beauty: skincare, make-up and fragrances.
They also set out to offer high-quality products through a selective distribution channel, and provide excellent service that respects the diversity of its consumers.
Brands include: Lancôme - Giorgio Armani - Kiehl’s - Yves Saint Laurent - Biotherm - Ralph Lauren - Urban Decay - Clarisonic - Shu Uemura - Viktor & Rolf - Diesel - Cacharel - Helena Rubinstein - Maison Martin Margiela
Thanks to first-class education and the most advanced innovations in haircare products and services, the Professional Products Division makes sure that with each passing day more and more people can take advantage of the highest standards of quality and expertise from beauty salon professionals all over the world.
Brands include: Kérastase - Redken - Matrix - Pureology - Decleor - Shu Uemura Art of Hair - Mizani - Essie – Carita
The mission of the Active Cosmetics Division is to help everyone improve the quality and health of their skin, whether they are affected by sensitive skin or dermatological conditions, in all health care channels worldwide: pharmacies, beauty and health retailers, drugstores and medi-spas. Thanks to its highly complementary brands, and its close links with health professionals, dermatologists, paediatricians and doctors practising aesthetic medicine, the division is world number one in dermocosmetics.
Brands include: Vichy - La Roche Posay - SkinCeuticals
This organization is one of L’Oréal's major strengths. It makes it possible to respond to the every consumer's expectations according to his or her habits and lifestyle but also to adapt to local distribution conditions, anywhere in the world.
For more information about L’Oréal, see: http://www.loreal.com/