Who is L’Oréal?
L'Oréal is the world's largest and most profitable beauty company. It is present in over 150 countries on five continents. Our portfolio includes more than 35 internationally acclaimed beauty brands including L'Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline New York, Nyx Professional Makeup, Lancôme, Kiehl's, Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Ralph Lauren, Urban Decay, Shu Uemura, Biotherm, Clarisonic, Kérastase, L'Oréal Professionnel, Matrix, Vichy and La Roche-Posay.
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. The group's mission is to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to women and men around the world with respect for their diversity. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition for the coming years is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires.
Our business is energetic and vibrant, underpinned by strong ethical principles and our belief that financial performance and responsible business go hand-in-hand. We are driven each day by our six founding values - Passion, Innovation, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Open-mindedness, Quest for Excellence and Responsibility.
Why join us?
Being the world's #1 beauty company, L'Oréal empowers its people who are ready to take bets, think out of the box, defend their convictions, be resilient and leave their own mark. They are offered numerous opportunities, fast track careers and early responsibilities. L'Oréal has ambitious goals and is striving for excellence. This permanent learning experience helps you stretch your potential.
What will you do?
As a Public Affairs Manager, you will work under the Office of the Managing Director (OMD) and report to the Head of Corporate Communication, and be expected to do the following:
- Locally implement the Group data protection governance program (in compliance with local regulations)
- Assess internal tools’ privacy impact and make recommendations to ensure tools’ compliance
- Handle data breaches’ crisis situation with the Group DPO and other relevant functions
- Inform Country/Entity Management and the Group DPO of new regulations, which may impact activities
- Monitor and communicate important emerging legislative issues and bills
- Advise management committee and business on important trade and public policy issues, with a particular focus on reputation and crisis management
- Develop resources, tools and strategies on local stakeholder mapping
· Assist in the implementation of crisis manual in response to any potential risk (operational, regulatory, reputational. market/product, financial) with internal crisis teams
Who are we looking for?
- Philippine bar examination passer and a practicing lawyer
- Displays sensitivity to L’Oréal's “Métier”
- Has appreciation or passion in the beauty and cosmetics industry
- Possesses excellent leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Has at least 5 years’ work experience in data protection management system, government relations and crisis management
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, agile, energetic and enterprising
- Willing to work in Ortigas Center, Pasig City and is mobile