We wake up every morning because there is excitement in knowing that everyone we work with has a tremendous impact on a larger vision. We empower billions of people to be the canvas for self-expression inspiring confidence and self-belief every day. When they feel good, we feel good. It's contagious! That’s why we surround ourselves with other 82 000 L'Oréal driven thinkers and doers to spark innovation and build a true leading brand powerhouse offering beauty for all across 36 international brands and 140 countries.L’Oreal group’s success is built upon the collaboration of brilliant minds. When we create a product or experience that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something. Something that will win the hearts and minds of another billion.
The microbiology team in advanced research Singapore is responsible for conducting research within the scope of the skin and scalp microbiome. Within this broad domain, the team is involved in multi-disciplinary research across various fields and works very closely with both internal departments and also external partners. Aligned with the goal of advanced research, the focus is to identify innovative concepts for development of novel cosmetic, dermatology and consumer care products.You will…
- Be responsible for conducting research within the scope of the skin and scalp microbiome
- Be expected to be a team player with an active interest in carrying out inter-disciplinary research, particularly at the interface of microbiology and cell biology.
- Identify innovative concepts for development of novel cosmetic, dermatology and consumer care products.
- Identify new opportunities for collaborative projects within the Singapore ecosystem, alignment with global vision, project management and delivery
- 4-7 years of industry experience
- Strong academic credentials – PhD in biological/chemical sciences
- Experienced in leading microbiome projects and possess strong academic credentials in microbiologys with excellent organizational skills
- Possesses training record in microbiome and microbiological sciences
- Demonstrates active interest in inter-disciplinary research work with an ability to propose innovative research ideas in the microbiome domain
- Ability to manage complex environment and work efficiently in a team-oriented and a multicultural environment (must have)
- Ability to work independently, manage current project portfolio and also propose and plan projects in line with global strategic direction for L’Oréal microbiome research
- To be flexible in working within L’Oréal premises or at the external partner's site as per requirement of the project(s)
- Strong and effective communication skills in English
- Ambitious. You crave success and we’ll support you all the way. That way, we all win.
- Entrepreneurial. Every single day, you spot opportunities to shake things up and change the world for the better.
- Super creative. There’s no blueprint for the future. You’ll have to design it.
- Adventurous. You’ll embrace challenges and change with fire in your belly and a great big smile on your face.
- One of the gang. Even if you’re Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes. And so do we.