The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Assistant Merchandising Manager - L'Oréal Paris
What are key highlights of this role?
Responsible for the Promotional Merchandising of all Product launches and promo cycles on the L'Oréal Paris Makeup stands Working closely with the marketing team and initiating creative ideas and ensuring deadlines to be delivered 100% in line with CPA, and within budget
- Brand commitments: Deliver strong visual merchandising solutions in line with DMI/marketing/commercial briefs ensuring 1/ all promotional periods are delivered on time and to budget and 2/ positive internal & external feedbacks
- Merchandising principals: Develop an in depth understanding of merchandising principles for launches and re-promotes. Use this understanding to challenge sales and marketing on load-ups (right mix of SKUs/ no of SKUs vs educational/ SKU flow)
- Project Management: Oversee promotional point of sale projects at a given time. Manage all projects efficiently and effectively, from initial load-up meetings to briefing design agencies and through prototype, approval, final production and implementation in store. Maintain clear communications with key stakeholders. Develop relationships internally, with merchandising contacts within retailers and with agencies.
- Process Management: Ensure an efficient process is followed by all stakeholders & be sure to challenge and improve when necessary
- Events Planning: Manage bespoke projects including FSU, stores take over, Window Design, in-store activation.
- Cost Efficiencies: Build up awareness of site costs; what aspects add to costs and how unit costs can be reduced. Work with line manager/purchasing to achieve cost effective solutions
- Promo Budget: Build up awareness of budget maintenance, recording over/underspend, flagging issues and finding savings/efficiencies. Raise PO’s accurately and upwardly manage signature flow to ensure POs are obtained when required. Enter POs accurately into budget tracker with all elements assigned to the correct planned spend
- Sustainability: Put sustainability at the heart of each of the projects to deliver greener POS from concept to recycling.
- Digital: Bring digital to store O+O
- Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
- Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
- Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
- Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
- Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
- Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
- Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
- Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
- You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
·Achieves results with integrity
·Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
·Displays sensitivity to the métier