Assistant Product Manager – Decleor - ACD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Being part of the Active Cosmetics Division will give you direct influence in achieving our mission: to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin.
We’re the world leader in dermocosmetics, with international skincare brands recommended by health care professionals and distributed in healthcare outlets worldwide, including, pharmacies, drugstores, medi-spa and e-retailers.
Our portfolio is composed of 6 brands offering a range of skincare and haircare across the world; Vichy, CeraVe and La Roche-Posay being just a few. The products respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin: from dermatological and aesthetics skincare to natural solutions, from the most accessible ranges to the most premium ones.
• Predominantly support both trade marketing and communications for the Decléór brand in the UK&I
• Create and implement trade marketing activations for the Spas & Salons channel; including product launches, renovations, core franchise animations, 360 trade plans (inc. social media content), monthly sales & marketing meetings
• Support brand communications alongside the PR team through ideation and execution of disruptive, high-impact integrated communication campaigns for key product launches and strategic brand moments and always-on buzz
• Manage day-to-day operations of the press office with oversight and support of Communications & Advocacy manager
• Analyse PR performance and compose reports to share with the business
• Work closely with the wider brand marketing and PR teams to align on strategy and implementation and work in collaboration with cross functional teams incl. international teams
• Be closely linked with the commercial team, finance and supply chain and be expected to lead conversations and processes to drive brand performance
• Manage PLV (Sample, TS, Tester and GWP portfolio) minimise OOS risks, pre-empting stock needs
• Lead seasonal gifting projects driving value to the brand and working closely gifting and GWP strategy, Inc. seasonal offer promotions
• Provide B2B Event Management & Trade eventing support
• Develop and support the Professional section on DTC, the Education hub (ACA) plus, launch of new professional platform: AC Pro
• Manage PPP budget for Spas and Salons channel and support commercial team to ensure sales forecast accuracy
• Manage ad hoc admin and projects, as required - support the Brand intern with Salsify and Cosmo programs
• Background in Product or Trade marketing
• Excellent eye for design and a real sensitivity to the end consumers
• A passion for the beauty industry, and in particular skincare. Experience with skincare products would be an advantage
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills, able to process data and draw out key trends/opportunities
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships
• Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work at pace and cope with ambiguity
• Proven experience of process-improvement and creating a culture of continuous improvement
• Strong planning and organisational skills - with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and adapt as required
• The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines
• Risk aware and build contingency into plans
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.