Business Assistant - LUXE division
Operations Director, HR Director,
From 2023; Retail & Education and Retail Design Director
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
If you join the L’Oréal Luxury Division, you’ll directly contribute to providing our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique for them.
Thanks to our strong, balanced and complementary portfolio we are able to meet the needs of every consumer, at every price level.
Our portfolio makes up 26 brands of which 17 are global, including the highly-aspirational and multi-expert ones such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent and Giorgio Armani. Our incredible strength comes from allowing us to win in any environment; the most important one being the teams, which are talented, diverse, committed, passionate in every region, country, department, and function.
Provide business support to a number of Luxe mancom members with some occasional support for the broader teams.
• You will manage complex diaries with discretion and proactivity. This role will require the ability to switch between varying priorities and stakeholders.
• You will work in close alignment with your peers to ensure diaries are prioritized effectively.
You will be responsible for:
• Full diary management and forward planning for meetings
• Travel, accommodation booking plus expenses
• PO raising
• Team event organization, quarterly and occasionally monthly
• Arrange agendas and support for national, international visits and field visits; make room bookings, order catering, arrange technical support, take minutes and arrange relevant travel and accommodation.
• Organise occasional Away Days, Christmas parties, team night outs and other Divisional meetings as required, within timeframes and budgets.
• Arrange inductions, schedule interviews and organise mid and end of year reviews.
• Liaise with internal and external clients in a professional manner at all times, acting as a representative of the brands and the mancom members.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organisation
• Problem solving and prioritization skills
• Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work at pace and cope with ambiguity
• Strong customer service philosophy
• Proven experience of process-improvement and creating a culture of continuous improvement
• Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required
• The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines
• Advanced MS Office
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.