Business Partner - Nottingham, Lincoln, Grimsby - PPD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our global brands like L'Oréal Professional, Kerestase, Redken , Pureology, Matrix & Biolage across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
• Execute a structured salon contact strategy including a logical journey plan, ensuring that all existing and prospect customers are connected with on a monthly basis.
• Execute the regional conquest strategy to win targeted doors adopting a sustainable approach to ongoing business development with the new salon partners. 50% of customer contact should be focused on conquest to increase net door
• Integrate the e-visit strategy and the blended selling strategy of O+O with your salons
• Establish and implement business plans and solutions and carrying out regular business reviews, identifying client needs
• Promote and leverage all the business support available including L'Oréal Partner shop, Salon Emotion and Access in existing and new doors
• Establish and deliver education plans and provide in-salon training in partnership with Education teams
• Originate, agree and implement promotional and marketing activity designed to generate sales growth and meet brand objectives with a critical focus on a sell-out approach for the salon partner
• Identify opportunities for increasing business through salon and stylist centricity
• Accurately forecast territory turnover and build comprehensive risk plans in the event of short forecast Vs target
Key job accountabilities
• To achieve salon growth by conducting salon needs assessments and business reviews for the accounts, identifying, NPD and new business opportunities across your area
• To deliver an exceptional customer experience to your accounts and be an ambassador for the L’Oréal Professionel and Kerastase brands.
• Engage, communicate and demonstrate the benefits of LPS to all customers ensuring registration to LPS and influence salons to self serving ongoing
• To implement a salon, contact strategy with a blend of face to face/virtual meetings to ensure a fast go to market strategy. To pro-actively embed the brands strategy on all approved social media platforms
• Build strong relationships and deliver an exceptional customer experience to your accounts and be an ambassador for L’Oréal.
• To achieve turnover targets set by the business, including colour and retail objectives and reactivation
• A commercial background with a proven track record is essential
• Experience of working in a virtual world – using online technology to connect and network with clients and build relationships
• Commercial acumen supported by excellent negotiation skills
• A proven track record delivering against multiple targets
• A Drive to achieve results
• A growth mindset and actively look for new solutions
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships virtually and face to face
• A solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work accurately at pace and cope with ambiguity.
• The Ability to analyse data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly.
• Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required to meet deadlines.
• The ability to gauge risk and build contingency into plans
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.