Professional Product Division
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our 6 global brands like Kerestase, Redken and Pureology, and 3 local brands across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
L'Oréal UKI Finance Mission
Sharing finance excellence with all.
• We develop our people, processes and systems to be recognised as trusted business partners.
• We empower decision making through robust controls, impactful analysis and innovative solutions.
• We protect the assets and equity of the Group, contributing to sustainable growth.
• Input into the five-year strategy for the E-Com channel and the key customers
• Participate in the formalisation of customer agreements for your channel
• Work on new business simulations alongside the commercial team, providing a financial perspective on any new opportunities and approval in line with defined frameworks
• Partnering with key Stakeholders across the Commercial team, helping them maximise profitable sales opportunities whilst managing the P&L and protecting Gross Margin & Profit
• Using insightful analysis and strong interpersonal skills to support, influence and challenge your Commercial Business Partners in order to maximise Return on Investment
• Contribute to the success of the Commercial Finance, and wider Divisional Finance, teams by looking for ways to streamline and simplify existing processes, and finding opportunities to reduce complexity and improve ways of working
• Define sales targets and track performance against KPIs
• Prepare and analyse monthly Financial and Management Reporting for key Stakeholders, Divisional & Corporate Management, with detailed analysis on your Channel performance vs Budget and comparative period
• Prepare financial trends and Budgets in line with channel/customer strategy
• Upskilling, training, and supporting your Business Partners and the wider Division
• Control and manage all commercial investments linked to sales, ensuring these are accurately reflected in the P&L, and all necessary internal controls are adhered to
• Control, manage and challenge all Media investments made directly to E-Com customers and ensure the spend is Fair Value and maximises ROI.
• Ensuring compliance with L'Oréal's Group Internal Control standards and support with year end external audit
• Managing and reporting on the Commercial Balance Sheet
• Maintain customers’ accruals and work alongside Accounts Receivables to manage the customers‘ ledger
• Strong financial knowledge and experience in managing a P&L and the planning & forecasting process
• Excellent problem solving skills and are driven by creating & implementing change and simplification
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work with large quantities of data
• Outstanding rigour and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential, and previous business partnering experience with Commercial teams is preferred
• The candidate should be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
• Experience within a consumer driven and fast paced environment
• Highly organised with prioritisation skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
• Growth Mindset and the ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
• Strong technical and excel skills, experience with SAP is preferred
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.