COMMUNICATIONS & ADVOCACY MANAGER - PPD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our global brands like L'Oréal Professional, Kerestase, Redken , Pureology, Matrix & Biolage across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
The Comms & Advocacy Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Build and drive the UKI communications strategy for L’Oreal Professionnel to increase coverage in B2C, B2B Press and SOV on Social via influencers and driving advocacy
• Develop and execute an annual 360° communications calendar covering events, product launches etc aligned with the full brand teams
• Deliver strong editorial and social media coverage for the UK (sharing plans with Ireland to replicate) in line with brand objectives and PR/Communications targets
• Manage all day-to-day operations of the press office
COMMS & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
• Oversee ideation and execution of disruptive, high-impact integrated communication campaigns for key product launches and strategic brand moments, in addition to always-on buzz.
• Deliver digital-first platform native campaigns with a focus on maximizing ROI, leveraging strong understanding and mastery of all media and retailer touchpoints (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Amazon, Retailers, and other influential platforms, etc), partnering with emerging and established talents across all platforms
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT & TALENT SCOUTING
• Manage and strengthen relations with; press directors and editors (both B2B and B2C) and VIP/ ambassadors / brand stakeholders of the brand
• Leverage own, and establish best-in-class relations with expansive network of beauty directors, influencers, content creators, agents and key fashion, beauty, and media houses across all platforms (established & emerging)
• Lead, develop and strengthen relationships with key clients & pro ambassadors to secure top partnerships supported by top press coverage
• Develop strong relationships with international teams, acting as key point of contact
• Coordinate with the country corporate & PPD communication teams
• Anticipate crisis, identify issues related to the brand, and lead on reputation management, alongside the Head of Comms & Advocacy, DMI, and Corporate Comms
• Support and advise the Head of Comms & Advocacy on corporate communication topics
PERFORMANCE, BUDGET & TEAM MANAGEMENT
• Establish ambitious targets for the brands, and design strategies to ensure targets are achieved month-on-month
• Drive Comms team to create insights-led monthly brand performance reports, identifying key opportunities for growth
• Strategically manage the Communications budget to drive strong ROI aligned to brand targets
• Develop strong collaboration and synergy with the Social Brand Manager and wider Comms team
• Manage members of the Comms team developing them within their role
• Actively keep updated with PR, social media platforms, content trends, audiences, and industry news, and inspire wider brand team
• Strong and established experience in communications and advocacy
• Second-to-none press relationships, extensive network with beauty, fashion, lifestyle and key media publications and magazines, including celebrities
• An interest in professional beauty & the Pro Hair industry
• Experience at a manager level across various comms functions within FMCG & Beauty.
• A passion for both Comms, Advocacy & Influencer management, including topics such as; influencer advocacy, social commerce, content creation.
• Experience of working with celebrity and hair/beauty talent and creating national features, pitching and handling luxury influencer eventing.
• Detail-oriented, deadline-driven and able to multi-task with solid organizational and time management skills
• Ability to strategize & drive change
• Strong presentation and communication skills – written and verbal
• Ability to present to and manage senior stakeholders.
• Excellent management skills with ability to lead Comms within a team
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.