Emerging Talent Manager
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
What are key highlights of this role?
We’re looking for the new leader of our Junior Talent Programmes (Industrial Placements, Degree Apprenticeships, Summer Interns, Graduate Scheme) … somebody who can drive and inspire the undergraduate and graduate communities taking our first class scheme to new heights.
As the Emerging Talent Manager you will report into the Talent Acquisiton Director, overseeing Attraction, Recruitment and Development of all Junior Talent Programmes. You will be driven by the challenge of enhacing our exciting programmes, fostering engaging candidate experiences, and unlocking future talent potential through the effective recruitment of our 100+ Interns.
As part of your role you will be able to quickly build strong relationships with key stakeholders; HR Generalists, Intern and Graduate Line Managers, Managament Trainess, and Industry Partners. You will be able to think on your feet, and be operationally driven with a strategic outlook.
What are the key duties of this role?
• Lead, develop and drive an innovative and successful Graduate Programme for the UK & Ireland, implementing new elements from the International Playbook
• Develop and deliver industry-leading selection and recruitment strategies for junior talents
• Manage the execution of the annual Milkround campaign and recruitment events on campus
• Manage the candidate experience from initial contact to onboarding
• Design and activate a creative social / digital strategy with an “always on” approach, working with the Digital Assistant to implement
• Build and develop relationships with Hiring Managers, Careers Services and Industry Partners
• Work with the Learning team to provide relevant learning interventions for all Management Trainees and Interns
• Employer branding: initiate and execute an array of projects to drive the attraction of talents to the Group, optimising the global employer brand image across students and Universities. Analyse new technologies and create “Gen Z” activities to ensure we are communicating effectively with our target market
• Define appropriate KPIs to measure progress and improve delivery
• Manage our International marketing competion for students; Brandstorm.
• Continue to build on the newly implemented Degree Apprenticeship Programme, identifying new ways to utilist the Levy.
• Manage the Emerging Talent budget
• Lead and inspire the Emerging Talent Team
• Maintain a strong pipeline of Juniot Talent into the business
• Oversee the development of the Graduate, Apprentice and Internhip communities, effectively managing all formal cases
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
• An inspiring individual with a pragmatic, enthusiastic ‘can do’ approach
• Excellent communication skills with the gravitas to influence senior stakeholders and students alike
• Strong organisational skills and a preference to work in a collaborative way
• Digitally savvy with a creative mind to explore new avenues to engage with junior talents
• Experience of the student / graduate market place and previous team leadership experience
• Creative outlook for implementation of EVP
• Desirable but not essential: HR generalist experience
Potential next steps following this role
L’Oréal is focused on talent development. You will be supported throughout your career by your colleagues, line manager and the HR team with regular reviews and clear expectations and objectives. If you meet these objectives, you can expect your career to progress to other roles either internationally, at head office or at one of our distribution centres. Possible next steps include, but not limited to a Specialist role or a Divisional HR Business Partner role or a move into the business.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
• World class learning and development opportunities.
• Excellent benefits including pension, profit share, product discounts and a competitive salary.
• Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
• The opportunity to be empowered and to lead the change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.
How do I apply?
To apply for a role with us please contact Nina Van Der Beugel