HR Retail Partner
Working within the Luxury Division, you will business partner with some of the beauty industry’s most well respected brands such as Yves Saint Laurent, Lancome, Giorgio Armani and more. People focus is crucial to the success of our business model and our HR team work in close partnership with our business leaders to achieve results and win together. Working at pace with positivity and strong prioritisation skills is key in an ever-changing market.
What are key highlights of this role?
Reporting to the Head of HR Retail and managing 3 direct reports at HR Adminstrator and HR Advisor level, you are fully accountable for the delivery of strategies designed to achieve the goal of best beauty employer across all our Retail brands. To be successful in this role, you will quickly build credible relationships with senior stakeholders including brand Directors and General Managers, maintain close promity and understanding of your client group and have the agility to adapt solutions to the varying needs of our brands.
What are the main accountabilities in this role?
- on the wave of very positive progress, you will establish what gold standard retention looks like for each of your brands and identify the key levers to achieve this with particular attention to distinct needs of each brands opportunitites and competitor challengers. With a client group of 1,000 – 1,500 you will have clear visibility of the engagement levels through surveys and regular focus groups. Your role is to engage closely with the retail leaders to understand and interpret this data in the context of each brand. Working within the overarching engagement strategy for our 2,800 Beauty Advisors, you will design and deliver initiatives to further improve engagement in each of your brands
- you will spot high potential and ensure robust talent succession plans are in place for your top 20 doors by brand. You will coach Area Managers on talent development and use your insights and experience to help shape the learning and development plans for the Area Managers and Beauty Adivsor populations
- you will lead on one particular pillar of HR expertise (Talent Management, Communication, Learning) scoping and delivering global initiatives across the full retail population in partnership with the full HR Retail team and Retail business leaders
- you will be provided with comprehensive people metrics for your brands as well as a global dashboard with monthly analsysis. Your role will be to understand the data within each of your brands, drawing out specific observations and insights. Meeting monthly with your Retail leaders and quarterly with your General Managers, you will share these insights and develop recommendations on key opportunitites and actions
- you will play the critical role of coaching your managers through ER situations, with a focus on developing their capabilities and independence you will build their capabilities in people management. You will use your judgement to advise and support where needed whilst also building networks of managers to support each other. Previous experience of managing redundancies, ACAS conciliations and a solid employment law understanding is highly preferable
What key skills do I need in this role?
- Ability to empathise and connect with diverse groups of people and professions
- Solution-focused with the creativity to begin from scratch or adapt existing concepts
- Credible relationship builder, able to challenge whilst maintaining close, influential relationships
- Experience of managing employee relations is essential
- Organised project manager with great stakeholder communication
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for trends and opportunities
- Enjoying working at pace, and capable of prioritising
- Sense of luxury service and connection with our customers and retailer partners
- Able to develop and coach other, creates a culture of continuous improvement
- Is risk aware and builds contingency into plans.
Potential next steps following this role
L’Oréal is focused on talent development. You will be supported throughout your career by your colleagues, line manager and the HR team with regular reviews and clear expectations and objectives. If you meet these objectives, you can expect your career to progress to other roles either internationally, at head office or at one of our distribution centres. Possible next steps include, but not limited to a Specialist role or a Divisional HR Business Partner role or a move into the business.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share, product discounts and a competitive salary.
- Free on-site parking and subsidized canteen.
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to be empowered and to lead the change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.