HR Retail Partner
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
What are key highlights of this role?
Reporting to the Head of HR Retail and managing a HR Advisor and Administrator you are fully accountable for the delivery of strategies designed to to achieve the goal of best beauty employer across all our Retail brands. To be successful in this role, you will quickly build credible relationships with senior stakeholder, maintain close promity and understanding of yoru client group and have the agility to adapt solutions to the varying needs of our brands.
What are the main accountabilities in this role?
- with a client group of 1,000 – 1,500 you will have clear visibility of the engagement levels through Pulse surveys and regular focus groups. Your role is to engage closely with the retail leaders to understand and interpret this data in the context of each brand. Working within the overarching strategy of AMORRE, you will design and deliver intitiavives to further improve engagement in each of your brands.
- on the wave of very positive progress, you will establish what gold standard retention looks like for wach of your brands and identify the key levers to achieve this. Again, within the AMORRE umbrella but with particular attention to distinct needs of each brands opportunitites and competitor challangers.
- you will lead on one particular pillar of HR expertise (Talent Management, Communication or Learning), scoping and delivering global initiatives across the full retail population in partnership with the full HR Retail team and Retail leaders.
- you will be provided with comprehensive people metrics for your brands as well as a global dashboard with monthly analsysis. Your role will be to understand the data within each of your brands, drawing out specific observations and insights. Meeting monthly with your Retail leaders and quarterly with your GM’s, you will share these insights and develop recommendations on key opportunitites and actions.
- you will play the critical role of coaching your managers through ER situations, with a focus developing their capabilities and independence you will build their capabilities in people management. You will use your judgement to advise and support where needed whilst also building networks of managers to support each other.
What key skills do I need in this role?
- Ability to empathise and connect with diverse groups of people and professions
- Solution-focused with the creativity to begin from scratch or adapt existing concepts
- Credible relationship builder, able to challenge whilst maintaining close, influential relationships
- Experience of managing employee relations is essential.
- Organised project manager with great stakeholder communication
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for trends and opportunities
- Enjoying working at pace, with ambituity and capable of prioritising
- Sense of luxury service and connection with our customers and retailer partners
- Able to develop and coach other, creates a culture of continuous improvement
- Is risk aware and builds contingency into plans.
Potential next steps following this role
L’Oréal is focused on talent development. You will be supported throughout your career by your colleagues, line manager and the HR team with regular reviews and clear expectations and objectives. If you meet these objectives, you can expect your career to progress to other roles either internationally, at head office or at one of our distribution centres. Possible next steps include, but not limited to a Specialist role or a Divisional HR Business Partner role or a move into the business.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share, product discounts and a competitive salary.
- Free on-site parking and subsidized canteen.
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to be empowered and to lead the change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.
How do I apply?
To apply for a role with us please visit our careers page at https://loa.avature.net/careers/