Head of Early Careers and Employer Branding – L’Oreal UK and Ireland
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
We’re looking for the new leader of our Early Careers Programmes (Industrial Placements, Apprenticeships, Summer Internships and Graduate Scheme). You will be somebody who can drive and inspire the school, undergraduate and graduate communities taking our first class schemes to new heights.
As Head of Early Careers you will report into the Talent Acquisition Director, overseeing Attraction, Recruitment and Development of all Early Careers Programmes. You will be driven by the challenge of enhacing our exciting programmes, fostering engaging candidate experiences, and unlocking future talent potential through the effective recruitment of our 250+ Early Careers talents.
You will be an engaging and motivational leader and effectively manage a team of 4 individuals.
As part of your role you will be able to quickly build strong relationships with key stakeholders; HR Generalists, Intern, Apprentice and Graduate Line Managers, the early careers cohorts, and Industry Partners. You will be able to think on your feet, and be operationally driven with a strategic outlook.
Alongside the management of the Early Careers offering, you will manage the employer branding for L’Oreal UKI
• Lead, develop and drive an innovative and impactful Early Careers strategy for the UK & Ireland
• Develop and execute the strategy to ensure L’Oreal UKI continues to secure diverse future talent for our organisation
• Oversee the development and execution of the campus tour activity, including ensuring your presence at key events
• Have ownership of the Early Careers budget and be responsible for the effective management of all costs
• Ensure all programmes remain best in class in their offering considering all aspects of the experience and development journeys
• Lead and inspire the Early Careers team
• Be the expert in the Early Careers market, sharing insights internally and externally within networking opportunities
• Continue to seek the opportunities within our programmes to elevate the offerings
• Oversee the management and execution of our International Student Competition, Brandstorm
• Create world class content, always aligned to our brand style but delivering the message in a way which will land perfectly in the UK & Ireland through video, photo, long-form article and more, giving constant touch points to our candidates
• Partner with Corporate communications, developing our content calendar and ensure strategic alignment on our messaging so we’re always strategic in our planning and thought process
• Work with our External marketing agencies, continuing our presence in the market, and with the correct style and tone of voice we’re known internally and externally for
• Ensure connection with European and Global colleagues, always sharing best practice and steering the conversation to ensure the UK & Ireland is looked at with envy throughout L’Oréal as best-in-class
• Develop a deep understanding of social data, candidate behaviour on platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and more and ensuring that our message is optimised so that it sticks with the right talent at the right moment
• Continually focus on digital innovation, ensuring our TA function continues to push the boundaries in our processes and activities
Excellent communication skills: ability to build genuine relationships at all levels, to actively listen, question and influence people in a constructive way.
Organisational skills: ability to plan, co-ordinate and react quickly to changes, to prioritise and manage your own workload. Experience in managing large projects is useful
A drive to constantly improve – the status quo doesn’t roll in our team – we’re always looking to make things even better
Attention to detail: ability to analyze data and draw conclusions
Integrity and professionalism: to act as an ambassador for Early Careers and Employer Branding both internally and externally
Confidence and autonomy: in a small team you need to be comfortable speaking your mind, taking ownership of your objectives and helping others around you when necessary.
A passion for people
• Learning Agility
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Every employee gets unlimited access to the world-leading online platforms like LinkedIn Learning, Coursera & TedTalk. Through the platforms like Coursera, you can gain qualifications from over 1000 universities around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.