HUMAN RESOURCES TEAM LEADER
(SHARED SERVICES, TRAFFORD PARK, MANCHESTER)
Lead a team of HR Coordinators to provide an accurate and efficient HR administration and HR Helpdesk query handling service for customers by coordinating the team’s daily work tasks, identifying opportunities for improving processes and developing the team of HR Coordinators.
TEAM LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delegate daily work tasks of the HR Services Team, ensuring tasks are carried out to a high standard and completed in a timely manner
- Provide hands on support during peak periods of high work volume
- Act as escalation point for HR Coordinators, assisting with query resolution
- Work collaboratively with the payroll, reward and divisional HR teams
- Plan work tasks of the HR Services Team and provide high quality administrative support in the delivery of HR calendar events such as: annual pay reviews, benefits opt in window and annual intern and apprentice intakes
- Carrying out regular team meetings and conduct 1:1s
- Employee Administration Cycle Duties: to prepare, distribute and coordinate all aspects of employee administration, from new starters to leavers including current employees: contracts of employment, inputting personal details, payroll changes within the monthly cycle, employee correspondence, leaver letters, severance agreements, reference requests, internal appointment confirmation, probation review process, long service award certificates, leaver correspondence and calculations and other ad-hoc letter requests.
- Database maintenance: maintain internal filing and database systems: using both electronic files, payroll database (Saphir), employee cv system (CAROL), new starter process (Red Carpet).
- Benefits Advice: advise employees of eligible benefits including Private Medical, Life Assurance and Pension schemes. Support employees to effectively use the benefits website
- Family Leave: advise employees on Family Leave policy, regular calls with expectant parents prepare schedules and share with line managers / HRDs, input details into payroll database, collect MAT B1 forms to pass to payroll, track dates in family leave tracker
- Formal Process Advise: provide process advice and prepare the necessary documentation in, flexible working requests, sickness absence
- Support HR calendar events: annual pay reviews, benefits opt in window and annual intern, apprentice and graduate intakes. Working in conjunction with the Talent and Reward teams
- Ad-hoc project work: supporting the business by working on projects as and when required
- Employee queries: respond to employee email queries in a timely manner.
- Strong administration skills with an exceptional eye for detail to ensure 100% accuracy in all output
- Proven previous experience of leading a small team within an HR/HR Operations/HR Shared Services function
- Highly organised, a team player and a great communicator with the ability to deal with varying levels of internal stakeholders in an appropriate manner
- Experience of actively looking for process improvement and questioning the norm
- Extensive knowledge of different HR systems and databases