KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - Field UK - South East - PPD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our 6 global brands like Kerestase, Redken and Pureology, and 3 local brands across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
• Create and foster meaningful relationships and conduct meaningful work across your key account portfolio
• Have a clear strategy to KEEP, GROW or WIN your customers
• Put the customer at the heart of everything you do
• Develop, monitor and manage a portfolio of multibranded key accounts, in accordance with the strategy of division and brands
• Create an annual business plan/trade marketing plan taking into account levers of growth to achieve brand results (sell-out, market share) and the profitability of brands within the account
• Lead or participate in the negotiations with clients on key launches, space, location and stock
• Establish and implement the plan including trade marketing/animation/ merchandising/training
• Follow up return-on investment of actions and animations. Support the development of the account, including e-retail.
• Maintain customer contracts in line with the company’s P&L expectations
• Engage with teams to deliver business plans. Co-ordinate with other internal departments on client activity (sales, supply chain, marketing, customer service, education, merchandising, legal department)
• Ensure your salons are aware and actioning sustainability measures in line with the company’s sustainability objectives
• Conquest new multi-brand salons to add to your growing salon portfolio
• Liaise with all key stakeholders to ensure the plan is understood and implemented across the functions including Commercial; Education; PR; Events and Finance
• Act as a customer centric consumer voice for the salon by ensuring a strategic viewpoint across the division
• Offer full 360 support to your salons, providing support with all aspects of salon business i.e. staffing, HR etc.
• Manage account specific budget in line with objectives
• Liaise with finance on payments of all contracted spend and attainment and payment of year-end retrospective payments
• Be the expert in key account business in the region, recognised both internally and within the trade
• Be the expert in reporting suites such as BOOST for regional analysis
• Outstanding Commercial acumen supported by excellent negotiation skills
• Strong understanding of social and digital and how to use technologies to attract new business
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong analytical & financial skills and acumen.
• Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work at pace and cope with ambiguity.
• Ability to manage multiple-internal and external stakeholders and build solid professional relationships
• Good understanding of marketing (traditional and digital)
• Excellent communication (written and verbal skills) along with the ability to influence and build relationships internally and externally.
• Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team, effectively managing multi-functional relationships to deliver the channel execution and implementation.
• Fast paced, multi-tasker with the ability to adapt with agility and a growth mind-set to innovate channels and develop traditional business models.
• Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
• Displays sensitivity to the ‘metier’ of L'Oréal
• Demonstrates entrepreneurship
• Achieves results, with integrity
• Manages complexity
• Interacts effectively
• Masters commerce fundamentals
• Develops customer centric business
• Builds selling proposition and negotiate
• Monitors sell in and sell out excellence
• Fosters strong relationships with key customer contacts with region
• Works closely with the other KAM’s within the region
• Works closely with brand education teams
• Partners with the marketing, digital & innovation teams within brands
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.