L'Oréal UKI Finance – Marketing Controller
(Kiehl's & Urban Decay)
Our L'Oréal UKI Finance Mission is to share finance excellence with all.
- We develop our people, processes and systems to be recognised as trusted business partners.
- We empower decision making through robust controls, impactful analysis and innovative solutions.
- We protect the assets and equity of the Group, contributing to sustainable growth.
Be responsible for supporting the Brand Marketing Director and Finance Director/Head of Finance to help in the delivery of the Marketing Costs as per target. The Marketing Controller will act as a business partner to support the Marketing Team through budget management and a strong focus on internal control and return on investment, making sure we allocate investments accurately and correctly. The following are an identified list of requirements for this role:
- Follow-up through the use of the accounting system, budget systems and meetings, of marketing and education budgets for the relevant product categories.
- Challenge marketing and education expenditure efficiencies
- Assisting the Finance Director/Brand Head of Finance and the Finance team in standard L’Oréal monthly reporting
- Participate in various Divisional projects
- Provide Financial support and guidance to the Marketing teams
- Identify and inform the Brand Marketing Director and Finance lead of the Marketing Expenses related risks & opportunities
- Prepare monthly Financial and Management Reporting to Divisional & Corporate Management as well as to Head Office in Paris
- Ad hoc projects to improve controls / reporting
- Management of specific balance sheet lines under your accountability
- Create financial trends and budgets in line with brand strategy
- Ensure controls are maintained in line with L'Oréal's group standards and support with year end external audit
- Provide ad hoc analysis on specific topics of focus for brand and division management
- Degree Qualification
- CIMA qualified / part qualified or equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills
- SAP experience
- Outstanding rigour and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential as the role involves close liaison with the Marketing team
- The candidate should be studying towards CIMA or equivalent
- Experience preferably within a consumer driven and fast past environment
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly numerate – strong analytically and good commercial acumen
- Flexibility for an international career is desired but not essential
- Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
- Financial knowledge and experience in managing a P&L and building Budgets and Trends
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment