Product Manager - Redken & Pureology - PPD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our 6 global brands like Kerestase, Redken and Pureology, and 3 local brands across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
• Build the growth strategy for the hair care and styling category, and oversee its implementation across channels
• Define brand ambitions, create and execute 12-month launch and activation plans aligned with key objectives, targets and category opportunities
• Grow brand awareness and consideration amongst consumers and hair stylists, delivering best-in-class brand execution across channels to grow market share.
LEAD SUCCESSFUL IMC & BRAND MEDIA CAMPAIGNS
• Design and seamlessly execute consumer-centric launch and pillar brand campaigns with disruptive 360 activations that build consumer demand
• Co-own media campaign briefing and execution, defining media objectives, campaign messaging and monitoring campaign performance alongside social brand manager.
• Work in close collaboration with market insights teams, global brand headquarters, scientific and legal teams, pushing for UKI-specific market-leading innovation and campaigns
RETAIL DISRUPTION & INNOVATION
• Lead the expansion into premium retail channels, delivering excellence in store experience and store activation plans
• Own and elevate the retail experience leveraging category management expertise, including range reviews, planogram upgrades and disruptive visual merchandising to drive sell-through in salons & stores
• Create innovative in-salon service and retail campaigns that drive channel differentiation and strengthen the voice of the pro
B2B ECOM GROWTH & USER JOURNEY EXCELLENCE
• Design, execute and optimise the B2B ecommerce journey and shopper experience on L’Oreal Partner Shop and Partner retailers (CRM journeys, content, site activation, etc)
• Build customer-centric offers and tools to acquire, reactivate and drive loyalty amongst professionals
• Analyse performance, draw insights and adapt plans to disrupt and win in-salon market share
OWN CHANNEL PERFORMANCE & TARGETS
• Own category targets, forecasting, conduct in-depth analysis on drivers and drainers to adapt plans for sustainable channel growth
• Accurately track spend; monitor and optimize budgets
• Lead the design and execution of promotional plans in relevant channels in close collaboration with channel leads and commercial teams
• Identify, report and proactively update stakeholders on channel shifts (competitor, consumer & retailer shifts, industry trends)
CHAMPION OF COLLABORATION
• Collaborate with PR, social & engagement, education, commercial, B2B ecommerce teams to deliver successful campaigns and maximize portfolio
• Lead & activate IMC plans, ensuring campaigns are customer centric and valorise the professional channel
• Influence Zone & international teams (DMI) to ensure product innovation pipeline meet UK&I market opportunities
• Collaborate to build the professional differentiation online, actively contributing to the brand’s omni-channel success
• Coach junior team members with direct management of assistant product manager & intern.
• Strong understanding of consumer trends, shopper psychology & retail journey
• Strong analytical and data-first approach
• Creative thinking and problem solving mindset
• Strong multi-tasker and ‘do-er’ mindset
• Nimble and adaptable to change
• Strong communication skills, with an articulate manner
• Proven commercial sensitivity
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and thrive under pressure
• Great relationship building skills and the ability to network at all levels
• Energy and enthusiasm with a team spirit
• Highly organized and disciplined
• Able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
• Passion for beauty, marketing trends and innovation
• Initiative and foresight
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to manage and coach
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.