Regional Development Manager, Matrix & Biolage
L’Oréal Professional Products
Field Based – (North West)
As part of the Matrix & Biolage Commercial team, you will be one of five Regional Development Managers reporting to the Commercial Director. You will be responsible for the delivery of the Commercial KPI’s within your region, delivered through your Distributor customer base and across all routes to market (Direct field force, Store & Online).
You will take responsibility for the management of a number of Distributors. You will work with those Distributors to negotiate and agree Joint Business Plans on an annual basis to deliver the annual budget through the delivery of KPI’s such as Distribution, Share and P&L deliverables such as turnover and managing spend to target.
You will build strong relationships with Distributors Heads, the Direct Sales Force, Stores and Salons. You will work closely with the other Regional Development Managers, the Commercial Director and the Marketing and Education teams, as well as other key internal Stakeholders such as the Finance Business Partner, Customer Service and Supply Chain.
What are key highlights of this role?
- An opportunity negotiate and own Joint Business Plans with National Distributor partners
- P&L management, promotional and forecast responsibility, ideal if coming from a NAM role or aspiring to take on a NAM role in the future
- Develop the Omni-channel strategy with your Distributors to optimise reach and customer experience. There will be separate requirements for Store, Online/Digital and Direct Sales
- Strong category understanding and awareness of drivers and trends within the industry
- Ensure that all NPD/marketing and commercial activity is implemented by the Distributors
- Support the development and implementation of our Education Strategy with Distributors and Salons
- Work with our internal capability team and Distributors to develop their direct field sales team’s effectiveness, with head office and field coaching; maintaining customer centricity at the heart of what you do
- Work with Distributors to gain new business and gain market share
- Work in line with logistics/demand planning/data analysis team
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND VALUES
- A structured sales background, with a proven track record is essential
- Experience in field sales and field sales management
- Proven delivery in National Account Management, with JBP and P&L responsibility
- Commercial acumen supported by excellent negotiation skills
- Proven success in the management and development of others
- Focused on achieving objectives, able to adjust priorities, manage time, follow up on actions
- Not fazed by ambiguity; but with strong bias for action and problem solving skills
- Takes accountability and responsibility to improve business performance
- Creates opportunities to make a positive impact outside of core role
- Actively looks for new solutions, creates new ideas
- Develops a multi-perspective analysis of problems
- Is aware of and takes responsibility for implications of decisions
- Develops internal and external network
Who we’re looking for ?
- You set yourself demanding goals and demolish obstacles to achieve them. Focused on quality and attention to detail, you will not compromise standards. You probably think of yourself as an entrepreneur.
- You define your own roles and constantly look for ways to exceed what has been asked. A passion for exciting projects gives you the energy to succeed in a flexible, high octane company
- You value innovation as a business strategy. You also try to keep up to the minute with current trends. Ultimately, you share our belief in flexibility as a way of life.
- You are a real leader, creating a compelling vision and then communicating it with style and charisma. You’ve always been comfortable defending a point of view. You’ll thrive on the challenges that an international environment brings.
- You feel that you have an aptitude for our profession through a true sensitivity to our products & our market.
- Passionate about beauty, you understand the importance of aesthetic quality, detail and the perfect choice of colour.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.