Retail Brand Manager - Vichy - ACD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Being part of the Active Cosmetics Division will give you direct influence in achieving our mission: to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin.
We’re the world leader in dermocosmetics, with international skincare brands recommended by health care professionals and distributed in healthcare outlets worldwide, including, pharmacies, drugstores, medi-spa and e-retailers.
Our portfolio is composed of 6 brands offering a range of skincare and haircare across the world; Vichy, CeraVe and La Roche-Posay being just a few. The products respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin: from dermatological and aesthetics skincare to natural solutions, from the most accessible ranges to the most premium ones.
Reporting to the Senior Retail Brand Manager UK, you will be responsible for creating bespoke retailer plans in “bricks” and online retailers for Vichy, in line with our brand DNA. You will support the vision and purpose of our brands, via the strongest and most relevant health content and claims – working to make our ranges easy to navigate at point of sale: in pharmacies and online. You will contribute to making our brands leaders in consumer first in-store and online activations, showcasing our brand heritage and purpose across all touchpoints
• Work closely with local commercial sales team & UK brand team to achieve brand Conso targets via shopper-centric, differentiated retailer marketing plans, owning the full shopper journey
• Shopper expert knowing the shopper inside out and providing that info [e.g., Nielsen data, EPOS / Shopper U&A] to the rest of the team, working with Category, Sales & Marketing
• Brand management keeping up to date with brand values and vision, new launches & key brand moments. Brand lead on Mid to Lower funnel marketing and activation. Working across all retailer accounts, with both online and offline activation
• Retailer promo plan input - Collaborating with NAMs & e-NAM on promo plan to drive YOY growth
• Forecasting lead the monthly brand forecasting process, liaising closely with supply chain (forecasting team)
• Own the new launch process forecasting Taking the FDL guidelines from the Product Brand Manager and working with the commercial team to create and sign-off account forecasts and hierarchy for launch
• Own Merchandising by retailer – working hand in hand with marketing and visual merchandising
• Medicalise the in-store category execution / shopper experience, reflecting our health DNA showcasing how our products can deliver on health benefits in all key categories both in pharmacy and self-select environments
• Improve our range navigation at point of sale – collaborating closely with the visual merchandising team
• Supporting Snr RBM UK to build best in class retailer strategy decks grounded in data insights, working hand in hand with commercial & marketing to include local insights
• Own the range review process from a brand side, collaborating with marketing, commercial & category teams to sign off
• Manage Sampling, GWP and seasonal product bundle initiatives & review strategy
• Lead the briefing of retailer-specific assets, adapting content where necessary (imagery & copy)
• Monitor and improve processes to better link marketing and commercial activities
• Manage A&P budget for your projects
• EPOS / insights reporting cascading weekly & / monthly insights to update the team on performance + action plan for growth
• Establish the product hierarchy and input to the format strategy for the brand, differentiated by retailer & in line with overall brand strategy
• Be the marketing lead on retailer eventing and cross-brand activations
• Experience and passion for marketing, with a shopper and consumer-centric mindset
• Educated - to a degree level, ideally with a business or marketing background
• Marketing savvy - with the ability to take shopper and market insights all the way through to activation and ROI analysis
• Strong analytical skills & commercial acumen with advanced competency to draw conclusions & insights from data sets
• Highly entrepreneurial mindset – autonomy, strategic thinking and collaboration are critical to drive our brands
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and excellent presentation skills, able to influence and inspire any audience
• Creativity - attention to detail along with a genuine passion for beauty and skincare
• Know how to manage complexity in terms of number stakeholders, projects, timelines and clarity of message
• Resilience and flexibility – the ability to adapt to dynamic business and market demands, overcoming challenges and driving success in an innovate way
• Practical and methodical approach to problem solving
• A process driven and structured approach - with excellent project and time management skills
• Experience working as part of a team and independently
• You have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) & Nielsen and strong numeric ability
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.