L’OREAL UK AND IRELAND SUSTAINABILITY LEAD
The Sustainability Lead will be responsible for leading and delivering the sustainable transformation of our UK and Ireland business in line with the Group’s commitments as part of the L’Oreal for the Future programme. You will set and drive the local roadmap, partnering with colleagues to deliver our transformation agenda. You’ll lead the ongoing review of existing commitments, programmes and initiatives to ensure continued commitment to an ambitious programme anticipating regulatory change, stakeholder expectations and ensuring alignment with industry best practice. As we prepare for the development of two new sites in the UK, you will work closely with operations colleagues to ensure sustainability is at the heart of our new proposed fulfilment centre and HQ. See L'Oréal For The Planet for our commitments.
- Lead the implementation of the Group’s L’Oreal for the Future programme in the UK and Ireland, working in close partnership with colleagues across the business to ensure we achieve our commitments
- Lead and co-ordinate the local sustainability steering committee, developing strategic plans and roadmaps with them to deliver L’Oreal for the Future commitments across the business and to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment and communities in which we operate
- Drive initiatives to ensure continuous commitment to sustainable transformation in response to local regulatory change and industry best practice
Sustainability policy and technical expertise
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on the development and delivery of sustainable transformation programmes, with a specific focus on technical expertise in waste, recycling, plastics and packaging
- support internal functions and teams to build their knowledge on sustainability
- Work in partnership with Public Affairs to collaboratively building relationships with key sustainability stakeholders, leading the liaison with industry representatives, trade associations, and NGOs.
- Generate new partnerships and build on existing relationships with key stakeholders
- Act as the official representative and spokesperson on sustainability issues - amongst senior level stakeholders, trade associations and external media and events
Partnerships and programmes
- Initiate and sustain peer-to-peer relationships with priority strategic customer sustainability leads
- Provide guidance to brand colleagues for strategic sustainability partnerships with priority customers
- Support customer engagement and dialogue on sustainability issues, providing subject matter expertise as required
- Establish local sustainability and CSR partnerships as relevant to our sites, owning the development and implementation of our corporate community engagement strategy
- Provide strategic counsel to brand colleagues in the identification of brand CSR partnerships, programmes and activities in line with internal policies
- Contribute to shaping and delivery of local corporate partnerships and programmes
- Contribute to the shaping and delivery of employee volunteering
Marketing and Communication
· Provide subject matter expertise on environmental / green claims, advising scientific and regulatory affairs on the assessment and validation of sustainability-related marketing communications and strategies
- Partner with brand, corporate communications and public affairs colleagues to enhance our internal and external communications, monitoring, and conversations around sustainability, acting as an external spokesperson when required
- Establish, monitor and measure programme commitments, progress, and status to ensure compliance with policies, standards and regulations
- Own reporting of local results and KPIs into global
- Developing local narrative, content and case studies for corporate reporting as required
- Act as the lead UK and Ireland sustainability liaison with global corporate teams
- This is a role for a hands-on sustainability professional with a proven track record of successfully leading sustainability transformation projects with lasting impact in a matrixed organisation
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills; demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking to create and implement practical solutions to issues
- Proven track record of delivering to key metrics in fast-paced business environment.
- Gravitas and ability to convey complex technical information suitable to a range of audiences.
- Technical expertise in areas of plastics, packaging and waste
- Thorough understanding of relevant waste and recycling regulations and up to date knowledge of other contemporary waste management and business-related issues.
- Strong understanding and awareness of UK environmental policy and regulation (current and proposed), understanding and awareness of Irish legislation beneficial
- You must have a track record leading work across Sustainability, ESG and Net-Zero in the UK
- You will hold a sustainability or environmental related qualification or equivalent