Head of Communications & Advocacy - Kerastase & Shu - PPD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our 6 global brands like Kerestase, Redken and Pureology, and 3 local brands across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
• Lead the vision for Social, Communications and Advocacy across B2C and B2B earned and owned and paid boosted media, influencer and social
• Strategize and lead the IMC plan across paid and earned channels with the KPI ambition of Kérastase being the #1 professional haircare brand across consumer media and influencer advocacy
• Strategically manage and oversee the Communications budget ensuring strong ROI approach
• Lead strategic brand partnerships with all third-party talent, media, key clients and influencer
• Work in collaboration with the Business Brand Manager, the marketing and the education team to build & implement a holistic B2B Advocacy strategy.
• Oversee local owned channel strategy and drive share of audience on Global brand social platforms
• Create in-depth brand report analysis on the total brand performance media and advocacy.
• Manage and lead the Kérastase Communications team, upskill and coach them.
• Support the wider team in trialling new platforms and strategies e.g., social & conversational commerce, liaising with other experts across divisions/CMO & DMI.
• Work in collaboration with the Divisional Communications team on relevant transversal topics such a Sustainability, Diversity, Brand Cause, Reputation relevant for brand
• Manage and lead the Social and Communications team as an experienced and strong people developer
• Proactively anticipate and lead on issues and reputation management across the brand
• Represent the brand and be the voice of Communications and Advocacy at key internal presentations such as global visits, budget and internal leadership team moments.
• Experience at a senior level across various comms functions within FMCG & Beauty.
• A passion for digital, including topics like; influencer advocacy, social commerce, content creation.
• Second-to-none press and influencer relationships
• An interest in professional beauty & the Pro Hair industry
• Ability to strategize & drive change for the brands
• Strong presentation and communication skills – written and verbal.
• Evidence of strong strategic skill-set and proven results from previous experience
• Strong stakeholder management upwards and sideways
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to agilely develop strategic plans
• Solid understanding of the social media landscape
Ambition: You anticipate, think, and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role; develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities, and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.