The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
The Procurement Function mission is universal to all business Divisions & Corporate Functions: Supporting L'Oréal UK&I in offering the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people. We help the business manage £300m worth of expenditure, ensuring every £1 is spent better, smarter.
We are Process, Policy, Relationships, Innovative, Commercial, Connectors, Change agents, Entrepreneurs in our approach
The Sourcing buyer contributes to the efficiency of the Purchasing department, to the respect of internal control rules, to follow suppliers’ risk and to feed the Sharing Beauty With All (SBWA) program.
The Sourcing buyer is clearly oriented toward the Suppliers’ market to be considered as an asset for the business unit and a source of efficiency, innovation and value in.
- Support the Marketing and Digital Category in the UK & Ireland reporting into the Category Lead.
- Cover all the aspects of the Supplier Relationship Management – Setting up QBR’s, managing day-to-day change initiatives, follow-ups with the business and solve issues and queries on behalf of the business
- Quickly develop solid understanding of Business needs and priorities through recurrent contacts and formal meetings, together with the Head of Business Operations.
- Jointly define purchasing strategy with the Category Lead, build action plans to benefit from market opportunities
- Continually build knowledge of the suppliers’ market by driving benchmark & RFI or market scouting
- Develop deep knowledge of the business needs, expectations, priorities and goals in your category and anticipate new sourcing and future solutions, in partnership with the Category Lead Buyer and Senior Ops Buyers
- Drive mid-long term or recurrent RFP in link with Business needs and evolution.
- Identify new services and valuable suppliers able to bring tangible value, innovation and competitive advantage for our business
- Create & build strong deals and contracts with core suppliers by driving performing PSL, regular supplier evaluation, business reviews or specific events (suppliers day, business interaction)
- Create the condition to build strong relationships with our Suppliers on and in accordance with the internal control / ethical way of interacting, in partnership with the Operations Buyer.
- Contribute to supplier evaluation based on all operations managed by Suppliers inc formal evaluation of the total performance (price, quality, innovation, service and sustainability)
- Able to propose innovative and creative approach to our stakeholders such as new models, new organization, transformation and simplification (more than simply cost cutting)
- Accountable for the Budget process, as a collective action for the department: identify the initiatives, evaluate the savings in agreement with Finance and following the Sourcing System compliant process
- Influence Budget and Trend evaluation and be accountable in identifying risks and opportunities of the current projects or initiatives, in agreement with Finance, Category Lead and Senior Operations Buyers.