The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Trade Marketing Internship 2019/2020 – Ireland
During this placement your principal accountability would be to provide trade marketing support to our Senior Product Managers in adapting our international marketing campaigns for La Roche-Posay, Vichy and Cerave for the Irish market. You would be responsible for your own live projects within the team with exposure to senior management. You will be liaising with all other functions across our business so strong interpersonal skills are a must.
• Design and implement all permanent and semi-permanent Point-of-Sale ("P.O.S.“) marketing materials for the pharmacy channel
• Create joint promotion programmes with strategic retailers including the planning and development of gift with purchase
• Conduct monthly competitor analysis including pricing, in store activity, & media campaigns
• Assist in the creation and implementation of new product launch strategies, including adaptation of international display materials & advertising to the Irish market
• Review monthly sell-out data and complete performance update reports tracking launches, promotions and marketing campaigns
• Support PR and assist in circulating and organising media drops, press releases, event management, coverage reporting
• Manage the point-of sales budget and highlight any budgetary issues to the business internally in order to assure the highest level of customer service
• You set yourself demanding goals and demolish obstacles to achieve them. Focused on quality and attention to detail, you will not compromise standards. You probably think of yourself as an entrepreneur.
• You define your own roles and constantly look for ways to exceed what has been asked. A passion for exciting projects gives you the energy to succeed in a flexible, high octane company.
• You value innovation as a business strategy. You also try to keep up to the minute with current trends. Ultimately, you share our belief in flexibility as a way of life.
• You are a real leader, creating a compelling vision and then communicating it with style and charisma. You’ve always been comfortable defending a point of view. You’ll thrive on the challenges that an international environment brings.
• You feel that you have an aptitude for our profession through a true sensitivity to our products & our market.
• Passionate about beauty, you understand the importance of aesthetic quality, detail and quality skincare
• You must be eligible to work in the Ireland
• Attained or are in the process of attaining a minimum 2:1 bachelor's level qualification
• You must be a student looking to complete a placement during your bachelor’s degree or due to finish your bachelor’s degree in 2019
• Design and Creative Skills
• A solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work at pace and cope with ambiguity
• Strong planning and organization skills, with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required
• The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines
• Numerical Skills
• Demonstrated the ability to work autonomously
• Strong communication skills
• Experience in Microsoft Office Packages, namely PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment