TEAM LEADER - AM SHIFT | PM SHIFT
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
We have TWO opportunities within the Order Preparation team at Bury DC for two team leaders. We will be looking to recruit an additional Team Leader on the AM shift, and one on the PM shift.
- Develop a proactive safety culture within your team and ensure that health and safety standards are always maintained
- Update and maintain Risk Assessments and One Point Lessons for activities within your area
- Be the Line Manager for your team conducting 121’s alongside managing their daily tasks and priorities
- Enhance colleague development and maintain a multi-skilled team
- Drive colleague engagement within your team through promoting site events and Employee Resource Groups
- Manage the day-to-day operation ensuring the agreed cut-off timings between departments are met.
- Ensure an active daily presence on the shop floor
- Monitor productivity and optimise resource within your team daily
- A high level of Health and Safety awareness
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence and motivate people around you
- A continuous improvement mindset demonstrated through implementation of new initiatives and processes
- A self-driven and results orientated outlook
- A good level of self-awareness, listening to feedback to grow as a leader
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Please submit your application for consideration by Friday 26th May 2023.