Professional Products Division
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair, skin and beauty products. The 9 brands within this division are L’Oreal Professionnel, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Redken, Pureology, Matrix, Decleor, Carita and soon to join the division will be Baxter of California. Our brands have made us the world leader in professional beauty products and one of the most dynamic places to pursue your career in the UK.
What are key highlights of this role?
The E-Commerce Merchandising Manager will support the Senior E-Commerce Manager to manage L’Oreal Partner Shop – our new B2B E-Commerce website for our Professional Products Division customers. You will manage the website through product management, content management, website analytics and roadmap deployment to deliver a best-in-class B2B experience.
You will be highly organised, analytical and entrepreneurial and comfortable managing various stakeholders to bring brand and divisional messages to life through engaging content and best-in-class product merchandising.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking to leverage E-Commerce experience on a highly strategic website for the division to maximise sales, conversion and customer satisfaction.
- Product Management
- Oversee all product management across L’Oréal Partner Shop brands to drive consistency and high quality merchandising.
- Continually challenge the existing product catalog ensuring that all PDPs are completed with good quality descriptions, video, photo and educational content.
- Drive the strategy for product attributes, filters and categorization with the rest of the L’Oreal Partner Shop merchandising team to ensure everything is correctly organized on L’Oréal Partner Shop to ensure consistency whilst highlighting any of the latest trends in professional products.
- Define Einstein merchandising strategy and use A/B Testing and Sorting Rules to increase conversion.
- Own the Ratings & Reviews strategy to drive reviews ahead of key product launches.
- Content Management
- Oversee the Trading Calendar on L’Oréal Partner Shop in line with Seasonal trends and branded product launches. Ensure the other members of the team are feeding in their product launches and focuses for the other brands to create a holistic view of our products and reduce brand competition.
- Manage the L’Oréal Partner Shop brand hubs for your brands; updating content slots and sub-brands assets according to the cycle to ensure the brands are accurately represented.
- Promotion Management
- Update the promotional page in line with the promotional cycle.
- Collaborate with the Systems Admin team to ensure qualifying categories and product bundles are created correctly.
- Work with the Senior E-Commerce manager to execute any multi-branded promotions.
- Work with the Global Partner Shop team to optimize promotion capability on the platform to improve user experience by offering Education, PDF or assets through promotions on site.
- Analytics & KPIs
- Oversee Google Analytics reporting to monitor site performance such as pages viewed, conversion rate and bounce rate. Analyse the impact of changes made on site and react to them accordingly.
- Share insights with marketing teams to influence the assets and activity they brief in for L’Oréal Partner Shop.
- Support the Senior B2B E-Commerce manager on website and KPI reporting and help to define actions to improve sales and website performance.
- Ownership of the UAT phases ensuring everything is tested with all bugs reported.
- Supporting the integration of 3rd parties as part of the UK specific roadmap.
- Management of the L’Oreal Partner Shop E-Commerce Interns.
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an E-Commerce Merchandiser or Manager
- Experience using Salesforce Commerce Cloud or similar E-Commerce platforms
- Confident in using Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent communication (written and verbal skills) along with the ability to influence and build relationships across an organisation
- Positive attitude and unfazed by complex multi-tasking.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail
Potential next steps following this role
L’Oréal is focused on talent development. You will be supported throughout your career by your colleagues, line manager and the HR team with regular reviews and clear expectations and objectives. If you meet these objectives, you can expect your career to progress to other roles either internationally, at head office or at one of our distribution centres.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development.
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary.
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.