Job Title: Industrial Quality Chemist -Night shift 12-hour rotating shift (6pm – 6am)
Division: L’Oreal Operations
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Reports To: Manager – Quality Lab
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
To perform testing, analysis and disposition of raw materials, bulk formulas, work in process (WIP) and finished goods in support of production and release of cosmetic products.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor Science degree in Chemistry or equivalent;
- Must have computer skills and proficiency in Excel and Word;
- Basic mathematical skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and statistics are essential in completing the job requirements of this position;
- Strong English verbal and written skills.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Supports the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the quality control of raw materials, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
- Works with Process Expert and UP, as necessary;
- Perform quality control testing according to the L’Oreal DGO methods;
- Responsible for quality control testing and release of raw materials, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
- Responsible for safe practices in the laboratory;
- Responsible for taking part in SHAP assessments;
- Issues notification on non-conforming lots;
- Responsible for verification of lab equipment;
- Responsible for investigation on out of specification results;
- Capable of trouble-shooting equipment related issues;
- Interacts closely with processing/production on daily production needs;
- Knowledgeable and understand how to carry out testing on instrumentation;
- Understand the urgency of the business, and is able to serve the UP in a timely manner;
- Complete paperwork and computer work;
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Good knowledge of GMP/ISO requirements.
- Actively engaged in safety programs (MESURE, ISO, etc.)
- Perform routine audits to ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/DGO regulations.
Tools and equipment used in job
- Viscometer, pH meter, centrifuge, Karl Fischer Instrument, microwave, and specific gravity test, HPLCs, UV Visible Spectrophotometer, AA, XRF, and other relevant equipment as needed.
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Some tests may require ability to apply certain levels of pressure with the hands;
- Some procedures require safe work with hazardous materials;
- Employees are required to wear steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, L’Oreal provided smocks. There is certain equipment that requires additional PPE.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other.